Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Andd back on topic, live from the steps of the RAH I can report that there is a really tiny queue tonight. Got here at 5.00 pmn and was no 35 in the arena day queue.
    Even now, the queue hasn't reached Prince consort road.
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
      Andd back on topic, live from the steps of the RAH I can report that there is a really tiny queue tonight. Got here at 5.00 pmn and was no 35 in the arena day queue.
      Even now, the queue hasn't reached Prince consort road.
      Arrived 1550, was no 16, stood in second row.

Comment

Attn FF (whose message box is full)

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post
        I'm travelling up to London today to queue for tonight. What happened to that useful sticky - I think it was called Advice for First Time Prommers or some such - which explained all this arcane business of cloakroom tickets, how to have a pee when queuing, how not to get in a fight at the orchestra barrier, how to recognise a reserved space in the Arena etc, etc? We provincials can suffer a bit of angst when entering those hallowed halls....

Comment

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post
          Attn FF (whose message box is full)
          Whoops! Thanks TS, Philip T.

Comment

For tonights concert.........at 5.00 pm, no 70 in the arena day queue.
            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

Great effort teams, I wish I could be there too. Is this your first Shostakovich symphony no.4 'live'?

Comment

You lucky, lucky devil!

Two of the greatest modern works (IMHO) in one gig!

Glad you were able to make it, in the end.

P.S. I'd join you, but getting back here's a bind.

Comment

Originally posted by Beef Oven! View Post
                  You lucky, lucky devil!

Two of the greatest modern works (IMHO) in one gig!

Very envious - and wholeheartedly in agreement with Seigneur LeBoeuf's views on the works in question (when I heard the ECYO with Bernard Haitink in the DSCH 4 aeons ago, they played magnificently). If, TS, you see Lord Thropplenoggin this evening, you might josh him again about contributing his views on this - and last night's - Prom.

Comment

Sure is, Ams . Really looking forward to it.

Comment

Originally posted by HighlandDougie View Post

Very envious - and wholeheartedly in agreement with Seigneur LeBoeuf's views on the works in question (when I heard the ECYO with Bernard Haitink in the DSCH 4 aeons ago, they played magnificently). If, TS, you see Lord Thropplenoggin this evening, you might josh him again about contributing his views on this - and last night's - Prom.
                      No sign of Noggo................expect he is in a Lobster and champagne bar somewhere close by !!

Comment

A report of a thin turnout has flooded in, this one from Rasluap, ( who just HAS to be Paul Sartin from Bellowhead !) At the Clevelanders second concert.

It would be very interesting to know how ticket sales have been this year.

Anybody in the know?

Comment

Working...
                        X