Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As for the number of under-18s, does 9,400 mean that number of different individuals attended or under-18s tickets sold? It won't be, of course, but at it's lowest, this stat need only mean about 160 individual under-18s attended every evening Prom, doesn't it?

I think it's important to give credit where it's due for effort and success by the BBC and everyone else. Some of the criticism of the BBC (and anyone connected with it) on this subject and on this site is knee-jerking. But sales and attendances aren't the same thing and they're the attendances that tell more about the season's real success.

Comment

Originally posted by Blotto View Post
      As for the number of under-18s, does 9,400 mean that number of different individuals attended or under-18s tickets sold?
      The tweet is quite clear: "9,400 under 18s attended concerts". It may not mean that, but it's definitely what it says, so is the figure we have to go on.

My point is that as the number of pop/family concerts increases, you would expect that figure to rise. It doesn't mean any of the 9,400 attended a classical concert - or will feel inclined to do so in the future.

I think it's important to give credit where it's due for effort and success by the BBC and everyone else. Some of the criticism of the BBC (and anyone connected with it) on this subject and on this site is knee-jerking. But sales and attendances aren't the same thing and they're the attendances that tell more about the season's real success.
      Fair enough, but as they stated the figures, attendance is down.
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

[QUOTE=gurnemanz;429137]True and I will admit that I joined in (while driving the car) with Feed the Birds tuppence a bag, somewhat amazed that I knew the words, not having heard the song for about 40 years.[/QUOTE

]you should see the Movie "saving Mr Banks"

Comment

Working...
        X