Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At the end of the fifth week I have re-run my code again, and have uploaded the resulting list as version 8. (I also ran it last week, but only one minor change didn't justify a re-issue.)

I have spotted the following changes:

Prom 42: change of pianist

Proms 53 & 54: details added

Prom 60: additional arranger for 7th item; additional performer (this was the minor change noted last week).

E&OE
    Last edited by Andrew Slater; 19-08-22, 11:05. Reason: Link added

Comment

At the end of the sixth week I re-ran my code again yesterday, and have uploaded the resulting list as version 9.

Most of the changes are minor, but there is a major change to Prom 65, which has been noted elsewhere on the forum. I have spotted the following changes:

Prom 54: for the final piece the note on the deviser / arranger has been brought in line with the note for sister Prom 53

Prom 60: a minor addition to the role of the creative director ("/scriptwriter" added)

ENO at Printworks (03/09 at 1500): addition of live painter, order of performers changed

ENO at Printworks (03/09 at 2000): change of live painter, order of performers changed (different from above)

Prom 65: Change of the second piece from Shostakovich 10 to Bruckner 4; change of conductor from Kirill Petrenko to Daniel Harding

Prom 72 (Last Night): order of pieces changed; Sibelius: Snöfrid, op. 29 added.

E&OE
      Last edited by Andrew Slater; 27-08-22, 11:07.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrew Slater View Post
        Prom 65: Change of the second piece from Shostakovich 10 to Bruckner 4; change of conductor from Kirill Petrenko to Daniel Hope
        E&OE
        Daniel Harding?
        It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Thanks for that - now corrected. "Harding" is what I had written down and for some reason I sloppily typed in the wrong name. I seem to have displayed my ignorance of conductors and soloists

Comment

Thanks for reminding me of Daniel Harding; a fine conductor notable to me for one of the slowest-ever Elgar 2's. Only Sinopoli was slower. Not perhaps a performance for every time one hears the work, But on the night it was wonderful to hear it done this way.

Comment

At the end of the seventh week I have re-run my code again, and have uploaded the resulting list as version 10.

All of the changes are minor. I have spotted the following changes:

Prom 58: one performer added

ENO at Printworks (03/09 at 1500): addition of 5 dancers

ENO at Printworks (03/09 at 2000): addition of 5 dancers

Prom 65: spelling of 'Bruckner' in title corrected.

E&OE

Comment

Now that the Proms are over I've updated to version 11 to mop up some small changes and to add a table of Proms on TV. All the 'ON TV' markers now link to this table, rather than to the BBC page, so that if the BBC page disappears there is at least a permanent record on the radio-lists site. The table links to the individual iPlayer pages: most, if not all, of the televised Proms will be available for 10 months. (The table is also accessible from the 'Jump to Prom & Index' drop-down.)

Comment

Working...
                X