No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1000000 songs from SPOTIFY about...

Well anything really.
    Full list later but the Spotify work continues...
    There is no escape.

The furniture looks quite nice really! Is there a dart board?

Comment

Over there by the free bar.

Check out the Global Jukebox...

Comment

Well I set forth, stumbled about a bit and by jove here I am!

Comment

Yay, McG - you are indeed a technocrat of the highest degree.

Comment

I am here as well. Nice work. The smiley looks easier to do as well. I could get used to this.

Comment

Great - for new readers, this thread is mainly about music on Spotify.

Spotify is free to use, except that the free version has irritating ads. You can subscribe for 9.99 a month. As far as I know none of the regular posters have any commercial interest in Spotify, we're just enthusiastic users.

A brief history:

Johncorrigan and me used to create and share the odd playlist.
              Here are the first ones we did (still being tweaked and re-cut)
              JC's first playlist
              Trautigan's first playlist

then, heroically McG reproduced Womad for us
              Womad 2010 Friday
              Womad 2010 Saturday
              Womad 2010 Sunday

Around this time a couple of things happened.Paul Sherratt joined us and in his inimitable way raised the game...
              Global jukebox Rock-Ola
              Globel jukebox -Rhythm King

and we discovered the joys of the collaborative playlist (how to do this will be explained later)
              100 songs about drink

more recently lateralthinking1 has joined in the fun with some heavyweight contributions (none about soup or stews yet though)
              for example
              Playlist A
              Palylist B

and Martin Reynolds occasionally graces us with his presence, duplicating (nearly) his shows on CAT radio
              The Cat's Whiskers

Current works in progress
              them old MB blues
              50 songs about vegetables

and some notable efforts from the recent past:
              A good list for WM fans
              songs about blue

We've also discovered other users, notably Murky Chris who has done some stirling work on Glastonbury, for example
              Glastonbury 2009
              Glastonbury 2010
              If you do decide to join in with one of the collaborative playlists the rules are very simple.

There are no rules - we simply rely on your innate taste, musical knowledge, sense of humour and bizzarre choices

Oh yes - there is also a Phantom Poster. Various theories exist as to the identity of this person. My current theory is that it is due to a glitch in Spotify which sometimes loses the id of the poster. But then again some people don't believe in the Loch Ness monster either.

There are lots more playlists that we've created on Spotify - it's easiest to find them if you track down the person from the links above and then subscribe to the playlist(s) you fancy.
              Last edited by Globaltruth; 25-11-10, 08:28.

Comment

PP ain't no glitch !
                PP is Phantom Poster.

Comment

>>You can subscribe for 9.99 a month

Actually it's less than that.

Comment

AArgh - I'm being ripped orf. Or are there different pricing models?
                    Anyway shall we not get into that debate - whereas the PP is always an interesting debate.

I've never managed to post anything onto Spotify without it having my ID attached - I use the same sign-on all over the place....is it possible to use Spotify without registering any user-id?
                    I thought perhaps not, therefore the fact that no user-id was showing meant therefore a glitch in Spotify, and the postings were by one of the usual suspects...but I'm open and interested in any other theories. As long as we don't drive out the reality, I hope the suspense goes on for years.

Comment

GT,

Spotify Premium is a digital music service that gives you access to ad-free music listening of millions of songs. Try free for 3 months.

4.99 !
                      Last edited by Guest; 25-11-10, 14:24. Reason: errors !

Comment

Thanks

Hey thanks - hopefully I can downgrade, 'cos I really only need that fiver a month one.
                        How did I miss that?

And let me tell you that offline playlist facility doesn't work very well because all your devices run out of space when you want to play a few playlists without an internet connection. Mind you if certain lateralthinking1's will insist on PL's of 500 tracks...

Comment

Devices ?

I can't even handle a mobile phone beyond a regular phone call ...

Comment

any road up here's the latest
                            at least 1000 songs about...

Comment

1000 eh ?
                              Now I may be able to finish off a new selection before heading off for An Evening In Maida Vale.
                              May be ... !

Comment

Working...
                              X