Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
    Listening to John's Old Time Radio show yesterday, Global, I couldn't help thinking that 'Waiting For The Robert E. Lee' by Estelita, Buddy Bregman & Orchestra was just the job for this particular Mexican Tuesday. Roll those rrrrs!
    Title: Waiting For The Robert E. Lee Artist: Estelita Accompaniment: Buddy Bregman and Orchestra Record Label: Real Catalog Number: 221-B Recording Format: 7...

that was a brilliant version - a natural for here, yes. Frontera delivers again...

Comment

No happy ending sadly, but there should always be time for a bit of tuba playing in the desert..

Music video by Calibre 50 performing Corrido De Juanito. (C) 2017 Andaluz Records Distributed by Disa/UMLEhttp://vevo.ly/ALm0PgSubscribe here: https://goo.gl...

Comment

'Viva Tirado' by El Chicano...everything about it says Mexican, but it sounds more Californian....smooth!
        "Viva Tirado" - El Chicano (1970) A jazzy soul-rock rendition of Gerald Wilson's original song about a bullfighter, which was the first single from the group...

Happy Mexican Tuesday, and happy St David's Day too.

Comment

Viva Mexico. Happy Mariachi Wednesday.
          Nati Cano's Mariachi Los Camperos perform "México Lindo" at the 2004 Smithsonian Folklife Festival. The song is featured on their GRAMMY-nominated Smithsonia...

Comment

Aye Caramba

Comment

As far as I can gather, Junior Y Su Equipo are Mexican and this track comes from a recent release from those nice folks at Analog Africa: 'Saturno 2000 - La Rebajada de Los Sonideros 1962-1983'. This one is entitled 'La Borrachita', but it could be from anywhere in South America, I suppose.
              Released: 2022 Genre: CumbiaLabel: Analog Africa [https://analogafrica.bandcamp.com/] It all started in 2010. I had asked Eamon Ore-Giron - aka DJ Lengua -...

Happy Mexican Tuesday gringos.

Comment

Mariachi Vargas de Tecalitlán - 'El Son De La Negra / Guadalajara'
                Mariachi Vargas de Tecalitlán - El Son De La Negra / Guadalajara (Video Oficial)Plataformas: https://clnz.us/mariachi-vargas-de-tecalitlan-el-son-de-la-negra...

Can hardly listen to the tunes for watching those hats.

Comment

Spoiled for choice for a Mexican Tuesday, but here's that wonderful Lydia Mendoza song that they played on John's old-time radio show. Recorded in 1934 I notice that Lydia’s name was spelled “Lidya” on all 1930s Bluebird releases. Such a wonderful singer and guitarist - 'Sigue Adelante'.
                  Title: Sigue Adelante Artist: Lydia Mendoza Accompaniment: Con Guitarra Record Label: Bluebird Catalog Number: B-2274-B Matrix Number: BVE 83918-1 Recording ...

Happy Mexican Tuesday one and all.

Comment

Another tune from that 2007 Charlie Gillet World on 3 programme tape that I found - from their CD 'Pinata', Mexican Institute of Sound - 'Para no vivir desesperado'

Comment

Here's another cracker from John's Old Time Radio Show of old time Mexican 78s. This one is 'Andale, Vamos, Platicando' by the Medina River Boys.

Title: Andale, Vamos Platicando Artist: Medina River Boys Accompaniment: con Guitarras, Violin y Contrabajo Record Label: Bluebird Catalog Number: B-3041-A M...

Happy Mexican Tuesday when it comes.

Comment

Here's another cracker from John's Old Time Radio Show of old time Mexican 78s. This one is 'Andale, Vamos, Platicando' by the Medina River Boys.

Title: Andale, Vamos Platicando Artist: Medina River Boys Accompaniment: con Guitarras, Violin y Contrabajo Record Label: Bluebird Catalog Number: B-3041-A M...

Happy Mexican Tuesday when it comes.
                        Thank you. Frontera is the label that keeps on giving.

Not the Kathy Kirby version and there is a separate award to be given for most surface noise...surely this is a serious contender?

(https://youtu.be/raFNi16uNsY - just in case you need it)

Comment

Digging around in some old files I chanced on a CD that I must have compiled years ago - I have to say that I had a blinkin' great time in the car yesterday listening to some tunes from across the globe - I think I'll enter it for the next Music Planet mixtape competition.

Among the delights was this wonderful version of 'La Cucaracha' by Orquesta Pajaro Azul, as ideal as can be for the recently neglected Mexican Tuesday.
                          Provided to YouTube by The Orchard EnterprisesLa Cucaracha · Orquesta Pajaro AzulMexican-American Border Music: an Introduction: Pioneer Recording Artists (1...

Feliz Martes Mexicano!

Comment

Digging around in some old files I chanced on a CD that I must have compiled years ago - I have to say that I had a blinkin' great time in the car yesterday listening to some tunes from across the globe - I think I'll enter it for the next Music Planet mixtape competition.

Among the delights was this wonderful version of 'La Cucaracha' by Orquesta Pajaro Azul, as ideal as can be for the recently neglected Mexican Tuesday.
                            Provided to YouTube by The Orchard EnterprisesLa Cucaracha · Orquesta Pajaro AzulMexican-American Border Music: an Introduction: Pioneer Recording Artists (1...

Feliz Martes Mexicano!
                            we could just have endless versions of La Cucharacha?

No cockroaches on my allotment but, since I've stopped trying to tame it so much, in the summer I now have a cloud of grasshoppers. [they're both insects soo....]
                            that is a lovely collective noun.

Comment

Was watching 'The Fire Within' on BBC 4 last night, Herzog's film about Katia and Maurice Krafft - wonderful stuff. The soundtrack was also very evocative - one bit about an eruption in Mexico was accompanied by 'Es Demasiado Tarde' by La Hija del Mariachi.
                              Provided to YouTube by Symphonic DistributionEs Demasiado Tarde · La Hija Del MariachiLa Hija del Maricachi, Vol. 3℗ 2015 Producciones SRVReleased on: 2015-0...

Comment

Was watching 'The Fire Within' on BBC 4 last night, Herzog's film about Katia and Maurice Krafft - wonderful stuff. The soundtrack was also very evocative - one bit about an eruption in Mexico was accompanied by 'Es Demasiado Tarde' by La Hija del Mariachi.
                                https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP0rG6SQzs8
                                And here is another track from that excellent documentary by Ana Gabriel - Tu lo decidiste

(great recommendation JC, thanks from me & Mrs GT - what a gripping story of obsession, visually stunning...)

Comment

Working...
                                X