No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
    Nice to hear the cheery remix, Global!
    Times is hard, days are short and the outlook is bleak.

Did we ever do a Reasons to be Cheerful playlist? If not maybe we should.

And PS and Lat seem to have gone missing.
    Did you see them step outside the tent?
    They seem to have been gone for quite a while

- hmm, maybe this Klaus Schulze Gothic Ground track ain't helping....

Comment

Btw we watched the I Could Read The Sky DVD - an extraordinary piece of filmaking. I predict your painterly wife would be absorbed by it - a lot of the visual texturing was like painted pictures... I suspect it's never going to be a blockbuster...Patrick O'd would be able to relate to it too I reckon.
      Recommended.

[well it is kind of in the schedules, the film schedules, never be on the BBC I suspect.

Comment

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post
        Btw we watched the I Could Read The Sky DVD - an extraordinary piece of filmaking. I predict your painterly wife would be absorbed by it - a lot of the visual texturing was like painted pictures... I suspect it's never going to be a blockbuster...Patrick O'd would be able to relate to it too I reckon.
        Recommended.

[well it is kind of in the schedules, the film schedules, never be on the BBC I suspect.
        Thanks Global, I shall look that one out.....and you are bang on....before everything disappears down the back of the couch let's have some reasons to be cheerful....come and join us for a glass half full and a pie half munched.......all collaborators most welcome.
        Last edited by johncorrigan; 22-09-11, 22:49. Reason: you can't have too much of a good thing.

Comment

>>Did you see them step outside the tent?

Great Scott, Global you should know that my OH turned me in to a Shackleton man some six years back !

Comment

Yes, I am hereabouts. Shackleton was a politician in Dundee but you knew that already. I listened to Max on Wednesday and was a trifle disappointed. My favourite presenter of Late Junction is.............................Verity!

Comment

Lat,

Be the first to join The VS Appreciation Society !

What a bloody odd world we live in.

Comment

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                Thanks Global, I shall look that one out.....and you are bang on....before everything disappears down the back of the couch let's have some reasons to be cheerful....come and join us for a glass half full and a pie half munched.......all collaborators most welcome.
                http://open.spotify.com/user/jcorrig...XUBM6LWC8L4GPh
                It's going to be ok, we're Getting A New Deal for Christmas - No More Mush!

(this falls into my 'so bad it's good' category, but the lyrics are bang on [I know the 'Depressions depressing'] - now, if only we could persuade some of those WM types to do a version, we may have a hit on our hands...)

Meanwhile back to work, some tidying up to do
                http://www.visualphotos.com/image/1x...hut_antarctica

Comment

Good grief Global you've just led me to a quite a discovery ! The OH purchsed a copy of this book, which is
                  sitting quietly on a shelf right by me, at its launch, shortly after she got back from a trip to Antarctica.
                  I think I'd better go back and check the bank statements !!
                  Shopify provides a reliable Ecommerce platform so you focus on selling online! Integrated hosting, shopping cart and Ecommerce payment solution all in one!

Comment

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post
                    It's going to be ok, we're Getting A New Deal for Christmas - No More Mush!

(this falls into my 'so bad it's good' category, but the lyrics are bang on [I know the 'Depressions depressing'] - now, if only we could persuade some of those WM types to do a version, we may have a hit on our hands...)

Meanwhile back to work, some tidying up to do
                    http://www.visualphotos.com/image/1x...hut_antarctica
                    Well while we're on Scott and Dundee's cultural heritage, if you're ever in town a visit to 'Discovery' is really worth while.
                    Dive into history at Discovery Point, Dundee. Experience Captain Scott's Antarctic journey on the legendary ship. Ideal for families. Visit today!

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Sherratt View Post
                      Good grief Global you've just led me to a quite a discovery ! The OH purchsed a copy of this book, which is
                      sitting quietly on a shelf right by me, at its launch, shortly after she got back from a trip to Antarctica.
                      I think I'd better go back and check the bank statements !!
                      http://www.topchoicebooks.com/servlet/Detail?no=978
                      Whew! Better get your insurance up to date Paul.

This is the one for me - one of the best books I ever read - amazing photos! http://www.longitudebooks.com/images...arge/ANT03.jpg Shackleton took photographer Frank Hurley on the expedition so that he had material to make plenty cash on the lecture tour circuit - that was the plan - of course that didn't work out - instead we have these amazing photos which were always in line for being ditched as they tried to save weight and space. The journey across the Southern Ocean from Elephant Island in an open boat that Shackleton made with 5 of his shipmates searching for South Georgia is one of the great adventures I have ever read.

Comment

....and it looks like a far superior read to that poor guy who's trying to read the Tulsa Telephone Tome, Paul....you keep thinking that there's got to be an easier way, doncha just think!

Comment

John,

Reading that Tulsa Telephone Book can drive a guy insane.
                          A better bet nowadays would be google image search : Tulsa Juanita
                          And then take your pick

A clip from Take Your Pick from 1955.Quiz inquisitor Michael Miles put contestants through a series of minor obstacles, including a sixty-second spot where t...

I don't which is scarier !

Comment

It's not WM, but I've had a word with the host and he's ok with me posting...

Robert Macfarlane searches around Britain for wilderness. Read by Richard Greenwood

Comment

It's all WM, Host on Hi !
                              Bongo music
                              Cliff Richard & The Shadows - A Voice In The Wilderness - From The 1959 Film Expresso Bongo

I'll go put an expresso on ...

Comment

Aargh.

Comment

Working...
                                X