Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry Global ... doesn't he remind you of that Ronaldo - looking upwards towards his fellow saintly ones ?

Btw, aspiring and perspiring djs should not listen to Doug Schulkind's show today, Friday 30th September, Year of Our Cliff 2011.

Comment

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post
      Aargh.
      I say AMEN to that, G!

Comment

It's a facade.

He.has.a.picture.in.his.attic.

OR

indulges in regular blood changes (sorry Keef) or some such other heavy duty artifice(s).

Comment

Cerys played some fine tunes this morning including the brilliant 'Jungle' by Lee Scratch followed by a truncated 7th day adventist choir and the Mississippi Mud Steppers - you don't get that many places. There was GSH in there and Global's old fave Olof Arnalds doing 'solitary man', a bit of Old Floyd, a cracker from Isaac Hayes - great listening for the most part really.

Oh yeah and she's got Jackie Oates in next week.
          Last edited by johncorrigan; 02-10-11, 14:51. Reason: forgot about Jackie

Comment

Now whilst he may forever be in the shadow of his dad, this feller chose a pretty good music advisor for his show...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b015qs9q#synopsis

A certain Max Reinhardt.

Wonder if they'll release the music on its own?

Comment

Now whilst he may forever be in the shadow of his dad, this feller chose a pretty good music advisor for his show...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b015qs9q#synopsis

A certain Max Reinhardt.

Wonder if they'll release the music on its own?
              Funny you should say that G - I saw a bit of this programme last week - they were in Venezuela - and he's certainly a better guide than his brother ( ) and I was thinking that there were some nice sounds going on. Well now I know why.

Comment

>>>this feller chose a pretty good music advisor for his show...

Oi! Don't forget that Darts girl

( 4th from left )

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Sherratt View Post
                  >>>this feller chose a pretty good music advisor for his show...

Oi! Don't forget that Darts girl

( 4th from left )
                  http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_dN12_YBg0I...20/darts07.jpg
                  With apologies to Rita Ray.
                  Thanks for setting this up Paul...as it reminds me - I also saw the film Chico & Rita at the weekend.
                  Although this is predominantly about the influence of Cuban music on the jass scene in New York in the 50's and 60's (apparently such fellers as Dizzy 'Rascal' Gillespie and Charlie Parker were under this particular influence led by Chano Pozo) there were one or two pieces of WM interest - Estrella Morente anyone?

In fact, it was all music.

It's a cartoon, stylishly drawn..but the story line is so thin as to be beyond transparent. (here's the spoiler: boy gets girl, loses girl, gets girl again, loses girl, etc ad nauseam)

I enjoyed the music (for example, Tito Puente who I believe we have discussed here before) - so, overall I'm faintly recommending it.
                  Anyone else seen it?
                  Last edited by Globaltruth; 03-10-11, 14:15. Reason: the images of Havana probably make it worth a watch..

Comment

Been spending quite a bit of diy time lately putting up a tv dvd combo on the bedroom wall ( I'm not a handyman )
                    Anyway I think the OH picked up a copy of Chico & Rita so I'll bring it to the top of the viewing pile.
                    Chano eh ? Where's that collection of mine gone to ???

" It's behind you !!!! "

So it is.

Este video forma parte del documental Homenaje a Chano Pozo, donde aparece un testigo que dice haber estado presente cuando El cabito le disparo a Chano Pozo...

A treat after that homework
                    Last edited by Guest; 03-10-11, 15:31.

Comment

Been spending quite a bit of diy time lately putting up a tv dvd combo on the bedroom wall ( I'm not a handyman )
                      Anyway I think the OH picked up a copy of Chico & Rita so I'll bring it to the top of the viewing pile.
                      Chano eh ? Where's that collection of mine gone to ???

" It's behind you !!!! "

So it is.

Este video forma parte del documental Homenaje a Chano Pozo, donde aparece un testigo que dice haber estado presente cuando El cabito le disparo a Chano Pozo...

A treat after that homework
                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKwQb...eature=related
                      and here's the perfect snack....

http://blog.rifftrax.com/wp-content/...con_combos.jpg

or is it the Combo van from Opel? Oh, of course, it refers to a small musical ensemble. V. clever..

By the way, without wanting to sound like young Mr. Russell (as in whatever happened to...), dvd's are dead, man. The future is the streaming internet for all your entertainment (although, as ever, the future is just one slight improvement away...)

Comment

dvds are dead ?
                        Hang on a minute what about my three crates of vhs videos ? I know I can't get the kit to watch the Betamax ones anymore but...
                        R I P

Comment

dvds are dead ?
                          Hang on a minute what about my three crates of vhs videos ? I know I can't get the kit to watch the Betamax ones anymore but...
                          R I P
                          http://www.nationalmediamuseum.org.u...em/70154_2.PNG
                          You can always get them transferred to digital files.

that's if you can predict the future and understand what formats may be around in 10, er, 5 er 2 years....

With my cassettes I had them converted to mp3's, threw a lot away (tape was crumbling anyway), kept the bootleg ones.
                          Vinyl - well now - there's a rather handy little LP/12" frame you can get for all that lovely artwork...

Where does Blu-Ray fit into all this?

About here I guess
                          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vZqlE9p_TCk

Comment

there's a rather handy little LP/12" frame you can get for all that lovely artwork...
                            Brilliant G - I was wondering what to do with my Wombles' LPs.

Comment

Wanna be friends with Bruce Brubaker?

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                              Brilliant G - I was wondering what to do with my Wombles' LPs.
                              Strange isn't it some of the people who get a mention here. My Kbatt would be so pleased.

Another strange thing - I scrobble all my music to last.fm (ok, here's the explanation: scrobble
                              A term used by last.fm. Scrobbling involves taking the last songs you played through your media player (eg. iTunes, Spotify), and filing away the info to improve, and better tailor the songs that are played for you through last.fm.

On last.fm, which is free and doesn't have ads but isn't quite as flexible and cool as Spotify, you can have 'friends', 'neighbours', all the usual sort of social media stuff..the point being that I listened to this guy
                              Bruce Brubaker playing some Philip Glass

and he (more or less) instantly popped up on last.fm with a friend invitation. Is it really so rare for him to have anyone listen to his music that he wants to be friends?

Anyway, here he is on Youtoob
                              http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QL8lQU_1a-w

maybe he's just a very good publicist and knows that he will get massive global exposure by being the subject of a post...

Comment

Anyway, another of those buried away on Radio 4 programmes that may be of interest to some here. It's about David Fanshawe.

Philip Sweeney finds out about the pioneering composer of African Sanctus David Fanshawe.

Now spinning, Alchemy, Third Ear Band
                                Last edited by zola; 04-10-11, 21:04. Reason: To name check Third Ear Band !

Comment

Working...
                                X