Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here we have Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan - Nothing Without You (Audio)
    Played on latest Words and Music, the theme was Out of my head - journeys of intoxication, inspiration and loss.
    Is that idiosyncratic? maybe not, but it is definitely Monday...

Purchase/stream the album: http://smarturl.it/RW15-MMMore about the artist: https://realworldrecords.com/artists/nusrat-fateh-ali-khan/‘Nothing Without You’ ...

(I'd have chosen Musst, Musst m'self)

Comment

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post
      Here we have Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan - Nothing Without You (Audio)
      Played on latest Words and Music, the theme was Out of my head - journeys of intoxication, inspiration and loss.
      Is that idiosyncratic? maybe not, but it is definitely Monday...

Purchase/stream the album: http://smarturl.it/RW15-MMMore about the artist: https://realworldrecords.com/artists/nusrat-fateh-ali-khan/‘Nothing Without You’ ...

(I'd have chosen Musst, Musst m'self)
      He's a popular guy, Global. Nusrat was also in the previous week's 'Words and Music' on Communication. There's enough recordings of the great man to just keep featuring him every week, and that would be no bad thing.

Comment

It's certainly dialectically idiosyncratic, and perhaps it's a Scottish thing, but always a delight to see a comedy genius at work. The great Andy Stewart takes us on a tour of Scotland...
        Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Comment

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
          It's certainly dialectically idiosyncratic, and perhaps it's a Scottish thing, but always a delight to see a comedy genius at work. The great Andy Stewart takes us on a tour of Scotland...
          https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bA9DGEEa9Lk
          I'm having a bad day on this forum...canna stand the stereotypical Andy Stewart and his awful White Heather club.

Must be missing something....

Aargh - have to agree to differ and move on.
          Last edited by Globaltruth; 03-06-19, 14:40. Reason: perhaps I'm missing an ironic twist...?

Comment

I'm having a bad day on this forum...canna stand the stereotypical Andy Stewart and his awful White Heather club.

Must be missing something....

Aargh - have to agree to differ and move on.
            Fair enough, Global. We weren't allowed to watch the WHC cos my Dad hated it ... I still enjoy a wee bit of Andy as it would appear I wasn't scarred for life.

Comment

More washboard, this time from the Washboard Serenaders in '34...never saw someone play a kazoo into a glass before. Happy idiosyncratic Monday everyone!
              Two highly swinging and steaming hot titles by the Washboard Serenaders "Dark Eyes" ("Ochi Chernye") and "St Louis Blues". They also recorded both tunes duri...

Comment

Got to have some crazy Colombian tune today, probably what Colombia sounded like last night as they celebrated Egan Bernal's great victory in Le Tour...Fuentes All Stars.
                buy here: http://www.honestjons.com/shop.php?pid=41462I do not own any rights to this, and I'm sharing it only because it's amazing music. If you are represe...

Comment

For people stuck in seemingly interminable traffic jams today, thought this old bit of idiosyncrasy might cheer folk along.
                  "New York, New York" arranged for Car Horn Organ by Wendy Mae Chambers

Comment

Not just because I’m hoping to tempt JC into some devastatingly witty comments but also because they’re wondrous... The great voices of Bulgaria

Comment

Not just because I’m hoping to tempt JC into some devastatingly witty comments but also because they’re wondrous... The great voices of Bulgaria
                      https://youtu.be/5v3piS-mScI
                      Au contraire, mon ami. On Skye at the moment and this blissful, soaring music is a perfect accompaniment to the Cuillins as we await the next, inevitable bout of rain. Thanks.

Comment

While most of the attention goes to Kinshasa, here's what Nihiloxica are doing in Kampala with the ancestral Bugandan drums and some electronica...hypnotic chaos is how I'd describe it...warning: contains flashing images
                        The official music video for Kadodi, taken from Nihiloxica's self titled EP released on Nyege Nyege Tapes in December 2017 . The Kadodi rhythm traditionally ...

Comment

I'm no aficionado of Metal, but Mongolian band, The Hu, do a fine 'Yuve Yuve Yu' on this great video for this particular, idiosyncratic Monday.
                          Official music video for 'Yuve Yuve Yu' by The Hu.Come see us on tour in the US with Asking Alexandria and special guests Bad Wolves and Zero 9:36! Get your ...

Comment

Not sure why I suddenly remembered hearing the Burmese boat harp when we visited Myanmar a few years ago. We had a meal at a restaurant on the banks of the Irrawaddy at Bagan. A musician was sitting in the corner strumming a saung-gauk, their national instrument.

Sample

Comment

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
                              Not sure why I suddenly remembered hearing the Burmese boat harp when we visited Myanmar a few years ago. We had a meal at a restaurant on the banks of the Irrawaddy at Bagan. A musician was sitting in the corner strumming a saung-gauk, their national instrument.

Sample
                              Thanks for sharing. Fascinating glimpse.

Comment

The book I'm reading about guys(mostly) who collect rare old 78s just threw up the overtone singing cowboy - Arthur Miles gives us 'Lonely Cowboy (part 1)' recorded in Dallas in 1929 - almost ideal, I thought, for a particularly idiosyncratic St Andrews MonDay.
                                Provided to YouTube by Entertainment One Distribution USLonely Cowboy (Part 1) · Artur MilesWhen I Was A Cowboy - Volume 1℗ ShanachieReleased on: 2005-06-20A...

Comment

Working...
                                X