Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks lat!

(your platform 3 list, along the lines of 'everything that's wrong with contemporary times' was ace too btw. good to actually list sources of anxiety .....rather than them all scramble into one yukky lump of 'general dismay and dissapointment')

Comment

Originally posted by Oilrig View Post

Any (return journey guaranteed) suggestions for new destinations?!
      Here's the link to the Wish list that we talk about elsewhere on this thread...
      http://www.for3.org/forums/showthrea...-The-wish-List

And this is just the list for 2012 btw - think of those Airmiles, Oilrig...

Comment

before it vanishes from the schedule, i'm just savouring last week's 'world routes' and 'de temps antan'. french singing, foot stomping, slide guitar and harp, my fave incarnation last week.

here's to 'new world' quibec, only 402 yrs old

this week, the couple of players featured on 'world routes' aren't short of fx pedals ....(judging by the photos). looks intriguing.

happy listening all!

Comment

Originally posted by handsomefortune View Post

this week, the couple of players featured on 'world routes' aren't short of fx pedals ....(judging by the photos). looks intriguing.

happy listening all!
          Good to hear the enthusiastic Mark Coles coming out of his shed - he chose a track from Sory Kandia Kouyate - really outstanding voice. An interesting discussion about why there's no music coming from Guinea these days - Lucy said there's no infrastructure in the country, and she says, almost no instruments. They also played a mesmerising track by two Oud players from Palestine, Ahmad Al Khatib and Youssef Hbeisch and a fine bit of Ethiopian Groove (that's what the CD says it is). I was distracted beyond that by a late Sunday evening homework request so I'll have to go back for that.

Comment

Keyword ' shed '
            Alasdair Roberts visits Songs From The Shed to play an acoustic session. http://www.songsfromtheshed.comhttp://www.facebook.com/pages/wwwsongsfromtheshedcom/...

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Sherratt View Post
              Thanks Paul - beautiful song - can you shed some light on where that wee hut might be? Probably the bottom of his garden.

Comment

John, as Ivor Cutler might have sung, the shed is " is less than 5 minutes from junction 20 of the M5 "

Comment

You guys don't ask for much, do you?!

Comment

Well there is something to be said for that " if you don't ask, you don't get " idea

They asked, he came, I home video-ed it !
                    Last edited by Guest; 27-02-12, 13:11. Reason: Makes far more sense with the correct link

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Sherratt View Post
                      Well there is something to be said for that " if you don't ask, you don't get " idea

They asked, he came, I home video-ed it !
                      As excited as I ever heard Andy get in that programme, Paul, and that's saying something - and Willie was on the absolute top of his game, I thought - now somehow or other I've got it in my mind that there was a fine photo in 'No off switch' from that session.

Comment

Indeed - an ethos I susbscribe to myself, especially on the radio front just now!

I start with the Maori, just to get a chance to go back to NZ..

Comment

Originally posted by Oilrig View Post
                          Indeed - an ethos I susbscribe to myself, especially on the radio front just now!

I start with the Maori, just to get a chance to go back to NZ..
                          Well when you're in NZ it's just a skip and a hop to Port Vila, OilRig - still waiting for a reply from them nice folks in Pacific Quay, by the way.

Comment

>>and Willie was on the absolute top of his game

Yes indeed. The contract was I think for four songs but ended up as nine plus that instrumental ( which I don't think I shot* as I was shattered and need a break - after only expecting a fifteen minute
                            stint ... )

1998. What a difference a decade can make.

* MUST relocate that videotape !

Comment

PS.
                              John, music lovers.
                              More about 'Shed Of The Year 2011'

Comment

1998. What a difference a decade can make.

definitely, i think many would agree on that observation.

Comment

Working...
                                X