Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Until I knew better, I thought he was a minor character in Jamaica Inn. (Just been reading that board and there's a discussion about Bedrock Tree-Laundry and tweeting. Was it Frankie Howerd who used to say "Twitter ye not"? - he was so right in his advice and obviously had powers of precognition, not that it seemed so at the time).

Btw I can't wait till Thompson goes completely crackers and declares that Sara Mohr-Pietsch and Chris Moyles can only keep their jobs if they swap surnames.

I'm thinking of doing some job applications in different names to see what is the most successful. So far I've got on my list Bob Fontainbleau, Leroy Zelig, Kylie Smithson-Fitchett, G M X Bryce, Fauntleroy Huhne-Gove, Heliotrope Jump, Germaine Goebbels and Miles Olumarawe Tesafolarin.
    Last edited by Guest; 12-09-11, 23:03.

Comment

Whoops

Originally posted by Lateralthinking1 View Post

I'm thinking of doing some job applications in different names to see what is the most successful. So far I've got on my list Bob Fontainbleau, Leroy Zelig, Kylie Smithson-Fitchett, G M X Bryce, Fauntleroy Huhne-Gove, Heliotrope Jump, Germaine Goebbels and Miles Olumarawe Tesafolarin.
      I have today received the following from the firm of solicitors Zelig, Zelig, Zelig and Jump.

'We are writing to you on behalf of our clients Bob Fontainbleau, Kylie Smithson-Fitchett, G M X Bryce, Fauntleroy Huhne-Gove, Germaine Goebbels and Miles Olumarawe Tesafolarin. We are led to understand that on the 12th inst. one of your long-term resident posters, known, we believe as literalthanking2, has threatened to impersonate or otherwise steal the identity of the afore-mentioned.
      We therefore have no alternative but to issue this cease and desist instruction and ask that confirmation is given immediately that no such identity theft or impersonation will take place.
      Failure to do so will result in prosecution under the Theft of Identity Act, clause 23.
      We would also draw your attention to the upcoming Don't Even Think About It Act, legislation currently to be approved in the House of Lords, which will make it illegal for any person, known or unknown to consider such actions as may render them liable to prosecution.'

Yours sincerely,
      Leroy Zelig

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPXnoLAEUSQ

Comment

Dear Mr Zelig

Thank you for your undated latter which I received today. I have noted the contents therein. May I begin by clearing up one misunderstanding. While the poster to whom you refer has been responsibly taking vitamin B6 and wearing a night splint, he is still to some degree afflicted by carpel-tunnel syndrome. You will recall that Mrs Margaret Thatcher had a similar condition.

Consequently, his name is not literalthanking2 but rather gutteruldrinking27. He does have documents to prove this is the case including the stub of a ticket to the Oktoberfest in 2003. I should therefore be grateful if you would confirm that you would retract the allegation of his literality. He considers this to be a gross slur on his character.

Notwithstanding the judgement in R v Seward, it is not our view that the Theft Act 1968 applies in our client's case. There is no evidence here to suggest that he was of the intention to steal goods by deception. Nor do we consider that he has committed an offence under the Data Protection Act 1998 as he was with his auntie in J Sainsbury last Friday evening. I trust that you will be reviewing your position.

Yours sincerely

Julian R. Wikileaker
        Last edited by Guest; 14-09-11, 00:21.

Comment

Talking about ads, someone should have a word with old Kershaw about those ING ads - still got to look after his pension fund I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post
            Talking about ads, someone should have a word with old Kershaw about those ING ads - still got to look after his pension fund I guess.

Are you sure it's 'im ?

Comment

Comment

One's a guess from a punter, one's from the journal of the advertising types (and has lots of other 'facts' around the ad)...probably therefore both wrong.

AK does have previous in this area though.... And I think there may have been a car ad or two.

Maybe ask AK when he's on tour with his book next year?
                Last edited by Globaltruth; 17-09-11, 08:53.

Comment

Originally posted by Globaltruth View Post
                  AK does have previous in this area though.... And I think there may have been a car ad or two.
                  Well spotted Global!

....but I think that other one is more like the cricket guy - Andy's more a General Accident kind of guy - no doubt that one is waiting to happen!

Comment

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
                    Well spotted Global!

....but I think that other one is more like the cricket guy - Andy's more a General Accident kind of guy - no doubt that one is waiting to happen!
                    Now that is funny, and you're both probably right.

Definitely AK doing the book tour though, according to his website...

Comment

By the way Global - saw Alasdair Fraser in Dundee last night along with a couple of other artists- interesting event - they let three musicians on a residence to mark the 60th anniversary of the School of Scottish Studies.
                      The Centre for Research Collections is the main space for anyone using Edinburgh University’s historic collections.

The guy who works under the name Wounded Knee had a great voice and did a re-working of Shoals of herring using lines that he picked up when listening to fishermen in the archives. Alasdair is doing work based around 'Galoshins' which is a rather obscure mummers type play that was performed by kids up till the thirties across Central Scotland. Anyway they're doing a tour. In the process I found out that one of my neighbours has been part of a project about the Dighty Burn in Dundee and AF did a song for his wee film. You could jump across the Dighty most of the way on its route from the Sidlaws to the Tay but when the jute was at its highest production it was one of the most industrialised bits of water in the coutry.
                      Film by Edward Summerton / Michael Windle. Song available as limited edition 7"single on DogTown, June 2011.

Comment

O Superman did this one too - http://www.tellyads.com/show_movie.php?filename=TA0849. Ah, the memories of Woolies.

It has taken me a while not to feel unsure about Alasdair Fraser. Right speed. Wrong time. This could be the moment that changes. I very much like this track and the small film just does enough for it.

There is something quite distinct about this musician I think. What he does vocally is sufficiently idiosyncratic to have some longevity. He manages to avoid almost all of the obvious cliches and yet there is just the very faintest trace of a commercial leaning. Clearly, having his feet in the roots helps too.

Peel would have been playing him now if he were available to do so. Not so Bellowhead who are good enough - and quite good fun - for now.

Comment

O Superman did this one too - [url]There is something quite distinct about this musician I think. What he does vocally is sufficiently idiosyncratic to have some longevity. He manages to avoid almost all of the obvious cliches and yet there is just the very faintest trace of a commercial leaning. Clearly, having his feet in the roots helps too.
                          Very nice guy Lat he seems to be and very much a folk musician looking for clues and following them which seemed to make him an ideal candidate for this project. He seems to do a lot of colaboration..... and I liked his guitar style last night - he has an intensity in his delivery of vocals and sings old songs but uses the old to create the new. I liked the track he did with James Yorkston that Max played on Tuesday evening for a Mental Health charity....and I think you're right lat - the song is better than the Dighty Burn film.

Comment

Good to hear JC. I was with World Routes on the World Service via Radio 4 between 3am and 4am. Hari Sivanesan. A part of the Academy initiative. I'm sure this was on 3 earlier.

I was struck not for the first or last time when listening to the programme how WR is to be rated historically at the very least on a level with the Radio Ballads of MacColl and Seeger. When you look at the archive, it is an immense collection of broadcasting material that will be of such value to future generations.

Let us hope then that the BBC recognizes it as such.

Comment

Good to hear JC. I was with World Routes on the World Service via Radio 4 between 3am and 4am. Hari Sivanesan. A part of the Academy initiative. I'm sure this was on 3 earlier.

I was struck not for the first or last time when listening to the programme how WR is to be rated historically at the very least on a level with the Radio Ballads of MacColl and Seeger. When you look at the archive, it is an immense collection of broadcasting material that will be of such value to future generations.

Let us hope then that the BBC recognizes it as such.
                              Good point Lat - I'm sure that the good Dr Lucy will be recognised for a lot that she has managed through the programme....and that Hari Sivanesan - he's quality - must look to see if he has any music out.

Comment

Working...
                              X