• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
    Thanks for that, jc. Great way to start the day,

Comment

Originally posted by johncorrigan View Post
      How appropriate!

Comment

Happy 85th Birthday to Judy Collins today. Very much involved in the early promotion of Joni’s talents, as she was with Leonard Cohen, and some great interpretations of a number of their songs. Beautiful voice.

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
          Happy 85th Birthday to Judy Collins today. Very much involved in the early promotion of Joni’s talents, as she was with Leonard Cohen, and some great interpretations of a number of their songs. Beautiful voice.
          I think we'd all benefit if more people took time to look at both sides of an argument.

Comment

I'll echo that. I'll certainly be playing the beautiful Wildflowers / Who Knows Where the Time Goes - two albums on one CD, which includes covers of Joni (Both Sides), Cohen (Hey That's No Way To Say Goodbye, Bird on the Wire), Dylan (I Pity the Poor Immigrant).

Comment

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post

I'll echo that. I'll certainly be playing the beautiful Wildflowers / Who Knows Where the Time Goes - two albums on one CD, which includes covers of Joni (Both Sides), Cohen (Hey That's No Way To Say Goodbye, Bird on the Wire), Dylan (I Pity the Poor Immigrant).
              Also Joni’s Michael from Mountains and the In my life album has Len’s Suzanne and Dress Rehearsal Rag! The three albums were for me essential listening around my Finals’ revision! - indeed ‘Who knows where the time goes’?

Comment

Happy 85th Birthday to Judy Collins today. Beautiful voice.

Comment

'Wildflowers' is a really important record for me. My Aunt Sadie had it, for some reason, and I used to play it when I went to visit her. Still love it, and it makes me think of a great woman. Introduced me to Jacques Brel. Judy's own songs are wonderful on 'Wildflowers'. 'Since you Asked' is a particular delight.

Happy Birthday, Judy.

Comment

Working...
                  X