Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
    But, how do they get the blood stains out?
    ... she doesn't need to worry - a new frock for every scene.

Comment

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
      ... she doesn't need to worry - a new frock for every scene.

That would never have occurred to me, vints.

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
        But, how do they get the blood stains out?
        I think Konstantin just sends in The Cleaners...

While Villanelle goes shopping for the next killing-coded outfit....

Comment

Originally posted by LHC View Post
          With regard to the actual deaths at Chernobyl, I know some of the scientists working for the Chernobyl Tissue Bank. The public perception of deaths from radiation exposure are vastly overestimated.

By 2014, 25 years after the incident, there had been 28 deaths from Acute Radiation Sickness and just 15 from thyroid cancer. There was an increase in thyroid cancer risk, especially amongst children exposed at the time of the incident, but it is treatable, and current estimates are that the death rate for thyroid cancer as a result of exposure will be about 1%. There is no scientific evidence of any long term effects on fertility or infant mortality and no evidence yet of any heritable effects.
          In the titles at the end of Chernobyl, it said that the actual death toll was anywhere between 4,000 and 93,000, and that the official Soviet figure was 31.

Comment

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
            ... I thought Yrs & Yrs pretentious self-indulgent tosh.

Whereas Rockets was pretentious self-indulgent tosh of a different kind.

Next....

I couldn't agree more!
            Series 3 of 'The Handmaid's Tale', on the other hand, has got off to a very impressive start (IMVHO), and 'The Virtues' built up to a truly powerful climax.
            Then there's 'The Looming Tower', which has been riveting from the very start.

Comment

Who would've thought.... nice surprise, and it's a great piece! D-N-M!

Analysis and performance of contemporary Finnish composer Kaija Saariaho's Graal Théâtre.

Graal Theatre is in two movements, around 30' overall, so the work itself will take up about half the broadcast.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanfordian View Post
                'Berlin Station' - Now that's more up my street.
                Und meine strasse! Only one to go.
                I know you’ve visited the city and it’s what I particularly like about the series, lots of location shots.
                Plenty of German tv actors who’ve also been in other programmes - I noticed ‘Inspector Borowski’ turned up as Kroll in the most recent episode (new series of the Inspector on Walter Presents Stanfordian, it’s completely different in style to series 1, quite barmy, try episode 4 which is nuts!).

Comment

Originally posted by Richard Tarleton View Post
                  In the titles at the end of Chernobyl, it said that the actual death toll was anywhere between 4,000 and 93,000, and that the official Soviet figure was 31.
                  The figures I quoted come from an UNSCEAR (United Nations Scientific Committee on the Effects of Atomic Radiation) report on the health effects of radiation from Chernobyl, so are likely to be more accurate and less sensationalist than speculative figures provided by the scriptwriters of a dramatized TV series. You can read the report here:

http://www.unscear.org/docs/reports/...08_Annex_D.pdf
                  "I do not approve of anything that tampers with natural ignorance. Ignorance is like a delicate exotic fruit; touch it and the bloom is gone. The whole theory of modern education is radically unsound. Fortunately in England, at any rate, education produces no effect whatsoever. If it did, it would prove a serious danger to the upper classes, and probably lead to acts of violence in Grosvenor Square."
                  Lady Bracknell The importance of Being Earnest

Comment

Originally posted by Braunschlag View Post
                    Und meine strasse! Only one to go.
                    I know you’ve visited the city and it’s what I particularly like about the series, lots of location shots.
                    Plenty of German tv actors who’ve also been in other programmes - I noticed ‘Inspector Borowski’ turned up as Kroll in the most recent episode (new series of the Inspector on Walter Presents Stanfordian, it’s completely different in style to series 1, quite barmy, try episode 4 which is nuts!).
                    Twelve years running I've been to Berlin! I don't know what is up with me but can't take my eyes off Michelle Forbes (Valerie Edwards).

Comment

Twelve years running I've been to Berlin! I don't know what is up with me but can't take my eyes off Michelle Forbes (Valerie Edwards).
                      I can confirm there is nothing wrong with your eyesight

Comment

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
                        Who would've thought.... nice surprise, and it's a great piece! D-N-M!

Analysis and performance of contemporary Finnish composer Kaija Saariaho's Graal Théâtre.

Graal Theatre is in two movements, around 30' overall, so the work itself will take up about half the broadcast.
                        Phew! - thanks jayne - I would have overlooked this had you not drawn it to our attention. Huge admirer of Ms Saariaho and her music, though I believe (though I could be mistaking her for someone else) she has made a "return to tonality" in more recent years and her music sounds more like Debussy now than... early Ligeti?

Comment

Wouldn't most people fly or take a train?

Comment

Quick reminder.....

DNM!

Comment

Quick reminder.....

DNM!
                              ... I think I have learnt from jlw's use of abbrs that whn she sez dnm it's not the same as d'n'm,

Does not matter? Do not mock. (Definitely Not Mainstream... )

Last edited by vinteuil; 16-06-19, 15:50.

Comment

Quick reminder.....

DNM!

Comment

Working...
                                X