Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
    ... I think I have learnt from jlw's use of abbrs that whn she sez dnm it's not the same as d'n'm,

Does not matter? Do not mock. (Definitely Not Mainstream... )

d
    o not miss!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/m00062dv
    Last edited by jayne lee wilson; 16-06-19, 20:31.

Comment

.....just enjoying Words and Music - Joyce....+a good that Service thingy , fab Harrison B music/musical rythms to speech for Peter Hall Hamlet....

....whats the forum moniker of that chap who had an Irish actor for a father.....????
      Last edited by eighthobstruction; 16-06-19, 18:28.
      bong ching

Comment

I have to admit, I really am enjoying Alice Roberts' Britain's Most Historic Towns series on Channel 4 (Sats 8 pm - yesterday was Canterbury) - even though she pronounces them "tines". I don't think that's particularly Bristolian; and as Eighth would I'm sure attest, there's nothing else remotely Bristolian about the way she speaks.

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
          I have to admit, I really am enjoying Alice Roberts' Britain's Most Historic Towns series on Channel 4 (Sats 8 pm - yesterday was Canterbury) - even though she pronounces them "tines". I don't think that's particularly Bristolian; and as Eighth would I'm sure attest, there's nothing else remotely Bristolian about the way she speaks.
          ....twn....but when added to 'down'....dow toun....,as in Iym off dow toun on me rollerskates....laztime Iy went ey was chocolateblock on the Orsefair....

....I always think dyed red hair a bit.... pwshh....come on Alice go salt and pepper with conviction....
          Last edited by eighthobstruction; 16-06-19, 18:43.
          bong ching

Comment

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
            ....whats the forum moniker of that chap who had an Irish actor for a father.....????
            Wasn't that stillhomewardbound? (Son of the great TP McKenna, IIRC.)

Alice Roberts' hair - used to be green with purple highlights: dyed red shows her awareness of greater responsibilities since she became a mum! (The kids used to ask me if I'd ever consider[ed] wearing a wig - I always used to reply "Yes - but it would be very obviously plastic and either lime gree or purple - so's people'd know it was a wig!" Nowadays I dye my head red and go around in beige clothing, so people think I'm an advert for matches.)
            [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by eighthobstruction View Post
              ....twn....but when added to 'down'....dow toun....,as in Iym off dow toun on me rollerskates....laztime Iy went ey was chocolateblock on the Orsefair....

....I always think dyed red hair a bit.... pwshh....come on Alice go salt and pepper with conviction....

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post

Alice Roberts' hair - used to be green with purple highlights: dyed red shows her awareness of greater responsibilities since she became a mum! (The kids used to ask me if I'd ever consider[ed] wearing a wig - I always used to reply "Yes - but it would be very obviously plastic and either lime gree or purple - so's people'd know it was a wig!" Nowadays I dye my head red and go around in beige clothing, so people think I'm an advert for matches.)
                Of striking appearance!

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post

bong ching

Comment

I loved the concluding episode of 'Berlin Station'. I hope there is another series planned.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanfordian View Post
                      I loved the concluding episode of 'Berlin Station'. I hope there is another series planned.
                      There is but -
                      ‘For the third season, production moved to Budapest, Hungary.’

Schade! And no Hector as far as I know. There was supposed to be a Series 4 but that was cancelled.....
                      Sorry to be the bearer of bad news☹️

Comment

"Son of the great TP McKenna, IIRC.)"

My sis and I always referred to him as TCP McKenna ...
                        Childish, I know.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanfordian View Post
                          Currently half-way through the penultimate episode. It’s excellent. Thanks for whetting the appetite without spoiling
                          "...the isle is full of noises,
                          Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                          Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                          Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Thatcher. Whatever one’s view of her, this has been imho a fine series and a reminder of course that events that felt seismic enough at the time were positively statesmanlike in comparison to this current nightmare.

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                              Currently half-way through the penultimate episode. It’s excellent. Thanks for whetting the appetite without spoiling
                              Just checking that there are/were only 9 episodes. There were. Seems like there's another series already to go, though finding details (see am prime) might spoil things. Not sure if those episodes are currently free to view for Prime subscribers.

Yep - we enjoyed those. Currently finishing off Deutschland 86. Both have strong fictional/fantasy elements, tinged with a touch of realism.

Comment

CATCH-22 (C4) got off to a good, solid start I thought? Difficult to adapt (or read...), but with 6 episodes it could develop into something compelling....
                                The direction emphasised the bomber raids themselves very vividly, and you do need that for the psychological/emotional perspective...and the catch itself was clearly described within dialogue.

Clooney a bit strange & limited in his role, Lawrie always good on screen, even when (or especially when) munching lamb chops...still it's only ep.1...
                                (and once you've binged on recent series it is hard to wait a week...I want the green button!)

Comment

Working...
                                X