No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Historian View Post

No need to worry about going off-topic
    I see two British brothers have just been jailed in Switzerland for depleting a Geneva museum's Ming collection.
    It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by MickyD View Post
      As far as I know, the two Astrée discs are separate programmes...one vocal, the other instrumental. I have seen a few copies available on Amazon UK and France. The vocal one (Mass) got re-issued by Naive some time later when they took over the Astrée catalogue.
      MickyD, you were right - just finished listening to the instrumental CD "Teodorico Pedrini - Baroque Concert at the Forbidden City". Very enjoyable & the CD notes are fascinating.

Some of the pieces were played "live" on the 2008 "18th C. Chinese music" EMS - Pedrini's Sonata no. 5 in G major (with an interlude) & Amiot's Divertissement chinois no. 1 & 3.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post

I see two British brothers have just been jailed in Switzerland for depleting a Geneva museum's Ming collection.
        Dear me

Comment

Originally posted by AuntDaisy View Post
          MickyD, you were right - just finished listening to the instrumental CD "Teodorico Pedrini - Baroque Concert at the Forbidden City". Very enjoyable & the CD notes are fascinating.

Some of the pieces were played "live" on the 2008 "18th C. Chinese music" EMS - Pedrini's Sonata no. 5 in G major (with an interlude) & Amiot's Divertissement chinois no. 1 & 3.

Interesting, I think that's the CD I would be the most attracted to. Glad I could be of help!

Comment

Despite my self-imposed ban on CD purchases, this may be my next one. I'm blaming you both!

Comment

Originally posted by Tapiola View Post
              Despite my self-imposed ban on CD purchases, this may be my next one. I'm blaming you both!
              Ha ha, trust me to tempt you with more in future!

Comment

Working...
              X