• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nick Armstrong
    Host
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Radio64 View Post
    Could Ms. Fryer finally be the happy medium?
    I had be abroad unconscionably early today and heard much more of 'Breakfast' than normal - I thought Louise Fryer was a treat, spot on. Not a tweet or a tease in the half-hour I heard, and Iestyn Davies singing 'Fairest Isle' needed, according to Ms Fryer, "no introduction". So we just got the music. Perfect. I was cycling down the Mall in the sunshine at the time. Quite set me up it did.
    "...the isle is full of noises,
    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

• french frank
      Administrator/Moderator
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
      I had be abroad unconscionably early today and heard much more of 'Breakfast' than normal - I thought Louise Fryer was a treat, spot on. Not a tweet or a tease in the half-hour I heard, and Iestyn Davies singing 'Fairest Isle' needed, according to Ms Fryer, "no introduction". So we just got the music. Perfect. I was cycling down the Mall in the sunshine at the time. Quite set me up it did.
      Must give it a listen. What with her and Ian Skelly ... Perhaps the powers that be are making random tests to check whether certain complaints are justified ...
      It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Gordon
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Radio64 View Post
        That poor child. Well, not really ..
        Quite right, it'll be a very fortunate child with such an extended and talented family to support it growing up - and spoiled rotten as all grandchildren are!! And all of R3's listeners rooting for it too!

Oh, and possibly a few other high placed folks as well....Daddy seems well connected too....perhaps he's been giving our Roger a few tips....

Comment

• Sir Velo
          • Oct 2012

I had be abroad unconscionably early today and heard much more of 'Breakfast' than normal - I thought Louise Fryer was a treat, spot on. Not a tweet or a tease in the half-hour I heard
          Hang on a sec! If there were no exhortations to tweet or text where does that leave all those apologists who say that the rest are just following orders? Seems to me that there's a bit more personal choice in this than we've been led to believe.

Comment

• french frank
            Administrator/Moderator
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Sir Velo View Post
            Hang on a sec! If there were no exhortations to tweet or text where does that leave all those apologists who say that the rest are just following orders? Seems to me that there's a bit more personal choice in this than we've been led to believe.
            New orders while the spotlight is focused on R3?
            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

• Don Petter

Originally posted by french frank View Post
              New orders while the spotlight is focused on R3?
              Or are we really seeing the sheep and the goats?

Comment

• antongould
                • Nov 2010

Agreed Rumpole I thought she was excellent.....

Comment

• Black Swan

Very interesting comments today. I do not agree with some, but do agree that Louise Fryer was a treat as presenter. It is to bad that CBH will be back tomorrow.

Comment

• Old Grumpy
                    • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Black Swan View Post
                    Very interesting comments today. I do not agree with some, but do agree that Louise Fryer was a treat as presenter. It is to bad that CBH will be back tomorrow.
                    Not according to this, she won't.

Comment

• Black Swan

Old Grumpy,

Excellent news, thanks.

J

Comment

• teamsaint
                        • Nov 2010

Oh , its Clemmy !
                        I thought I heard them say " lemmy"......

If only.....
                        I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                          Host
                          • Nov 2010

Just when I thought it could get any worse.

Comment

• french frank
                            Administrator/Moderator
                            • Feb 2007

I liked this quote from the Guardian radio critic: "Since Twitter is now the primary means that notables of all sorts use to get their thoughts and plans into the public domain, and is used to solicit listeners' feedback by everyone from LBC's Nick Ferrari to Radio 3 Breakfast's Clemency Burton-Hill, refusing to mention it is like sending The Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast on TalkSport out to do brekkie battle with boots laced together. Twitter is the answer to any broadcaster's prayer because it can be used to demonstrate that somebody apart from their mum is listening."

Comment

• Radio64
                              • Jan 2014

Originally posted by Old Grumpy View Post
                              Not according to this, she won't.

..another disappointment this morning. I shall be writing to complain of course. Or tweeting.
                              "Gone Chopin, Bach in a minuet."

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
                                Host
                                • Nov 2010

The usual drivel, I'm sorry to say. Just a different clone.

Comment

Working...
                                X