No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
    Spoil sport !!
    Just don't start writing your own libels on here just to get more business! Outrageous!

It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by James Wonnacott View Post
      [...] on TTN (just about the only bit of R3 I still listen too these days) "You're listening to Through the Night with me Jonathan Swain, thank you for your company" [...]
      But J. Swain is one of the very few broadcasters on playlist programmes able to create a real one-to-one intimacy through the microphone, as though he's there just for me, and this phrase (which I think he created) is part of that. And he, and a few others on TTN, is why that increasingly becomes the only part of R3 that I listen to. In TTN's case, and Jonathan's, it's not presenter egotism, but very skilful broadasting.

Comment

Quite like today's lady. Sort of school ma'amy and some nice vowels.

Morning all.
        "Gone Chopin, Bach in a minuet."

Comment

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post
          But J. Swain is one of the very few broadcasters on playlist programmes able to create a real one-to-one intimacy through the microphone, as though he's there just for me, and this phrase (which I think he created) is part of that. And he, and a few others on TTN, is why that increasingly becomes the only part of R3 that I listen to. In TTN's case, and Jonathan's, it's not presenter egotism, but very skilful broadasting.
          And all while he's tucked up in bed, fast asleep.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
            Oh, surely at the microphone wearing his dinner jacket?

Comment

Originally posted by Radio64 View Post
              Quite like today's lady. Sort of school ma'amy and some nice vowels.

Morning all.
              Agreed - very pleasant to listen to - and far less Twittery than usual!

Comment

Originally posted by Old Grumpy View Post
                Agreed - very pleasant to listen to - and far less Twittery than usual!
                Could Ms. Fryer finally be the happy medium?

I see I'm not the only one to have appreciated her rather pleasing vocals. http://www.languages-media.com/cv/fryer_louise.php

(Clemmy is still fitter tho...)

Comment

(Clemmy is still fitter tho...)
                  That's another way nobody talks about male presenters.

The worst thing about this board is its incurable laddishness.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                    Bryn, you're spoiling the illusion of JS surrounded by countless cups of coffee....

Comment

Could Ms. Fryer finally be the happy medium?
                      Let's not get too excited. It's like being hanged, rather than burnt or crucified.

Comment

Originally posted by jean View Post

Yes, but in a Radio 3 kind of way ...

Comment

And why do you think that might be?

Comment

Comment

To be fair, most of us don't talk in this infantile way about female presenters either, and it should be discouraged.

Comment

And why do you think that might be?
                                That doesn't make much sense without the post it was replying to (since deleted) which pointed out there weren't many women posting here.

Comment

Working...
                                X