Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's what was missed out from TTN this morning - available from more inclusive broadcasters via EBU Notturno, e.g. on Swedish Radio

01:01 Edvard Grieg; Slatter, Op.72 (Norwegian peasant dances); Ingfrid Breie Nyhus (piano)
    01:38 Johann Sebastian Bach; Cantata no.36c (BWV.36c) "Schwingt freudig euch empor"; Tuva Semmingsen (mezzo soprano), Mona Julsrud (soprano), Jerker Dahlin (tenor), Frank Havroy (bass), Oslo Cathedral Choir, Terje Kvam (choirmaster), Christian Schneider (oboe d'amore), Erik Niord Larsen (oboe d'amore), Kjell Arne Jorgensen (violin), Miranda Playfair (violin), Dan Styffe (bass), Hans Knut Sveen (harpsichord)
    02:08 Bela Bartok, Arthur Willner (arranger); Romanian folk dances (Sz.56) arr. Willner for strings; I Cameristi Italiani
    02:15 Sergiu Natra; Sonatina for Harp (1965); Rita Costanzi (harp)
    02:23 Sigismondo d'India, Antonio Ongaro (author); Fiume, ch'a l'onde tue (O river that invite the nymphs and shepherds); Consort of Musicke, Evelyn Tubb (soprano), Mary Nichols (alto), Andrew King (tenor), Paul Agnew (tenor), Alan Ewing (bass)
    02:29 Alice Mary Smith; The Masque of Pandora (Two Intermezzi); BBC Philharmonic, Ben Gernon (conductor)
    02:38 Johann Heinrich Schmelzer; Suite no 2 in D major; Elizabeth Wallfisch (violin), Rosanne Hunt (cello), Linda Kent (harpsichord)
    02:45 Franz Schubert, Friedrich Schiller (author)' Der Alpenjager, D.588b (The Alpine hunter) (Op 37 no 2) ;Christoph Pregardien (tenor), Andreas Staier (pianoforte)
    02:51 Henricus Albicastro; Concerto a 4 in D minor, Op.7'2; Chiara Banchini (violin), Ensemble 415, Chiara Banchini (director)
    Info from this EBU Notturno lisiting

The Bach has really cheered me up on this snowy morning.

Comment

I'd second a return of Catherine Bott. Beautiful voice, whether speaking or singing. I treasure her 'Dido and Aeneas' on Oiseau-Lyre.

Comment

It looks as if the Saturday drivel continues to cut in to TTN in the new schedule... TTN to start at 2:30am on 6th April.

Comment

One of the best progs on R3 for me is Night Tracks. Varied, quiet, few - if any -announcements, just musical links, restful, interesting.
          Last edited by DracoM; 08-03-24, 11:34.

Comment

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
            One of the best progs on R3 for me is Night Tracks. Varied, quiet, few - if any -announcements, just musical links, restful, interesting.
            By my count that's your 11th promo for Night Tracks, Draco. To me the playlist is Elizabeth Alker's Unclassified with the odd classical track thrown in, and SMP instead of EA. I'Il admit SMP would probably be more to my taste than EA - but not with another R3 'restful' programme. Who said R3 was 'woke'? Half asleep most of the time.
            It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

In my former occupation SMP stood for Skimmed Milk Powder rather than Sarah Mohr-Pietsch. Is there a difference ?

Comment

Originally posted by smittims View Post
                In my former occupation SMP stood for Skimmed Milk Powder rather than Sarah Mohr-Pietsch. Is there a difference ?
                Sara is fine. I just don’t think she’s been given the best programmes. I don’t listen to the New Music programme but she knows her stuff.
                It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Pietsch's with cream?

Comment

Excellent. I was thinking about the content of the programme

Comment

Excellent. I was thinking about the content of the programme

We all are.....

Comment

Originally posted by AuntDaisy View Post
                        Saturday drivel
                        Unfortunately it's not limited to Saturdays.

I have a medical condition- I am fool intolerant.

Comment

If you’ve ever been an employer SMP can only be Statutory Maternity Pay. For those who went to ILEA schools in the sixties it could also be the School Mathematics Project.
                          EA is surely The Environment Agency ?

Comment

Originally posted by Ein Heldenleben View Post

If you’ve ever been an employer SMP can only be Statutory Maternity Pay. For those who went to ILEA schools in the sixties it could also be the School Mathematics Project.
                            EA is surely The Environment Agency ?
                            SMP = Seriously Muddled Programming. by Several Misguided People.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post

Sara is fine. I just don’t think she’s been given the best programmes. I don’t listen to the New Music programme but she knows her stuff.
                              She's presenting Record Review next Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by kernelbogey View Post

She's presenting Record Review next Saturday.

Comment

Working...
                                X