Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • amateur51

Originally posted by Parry1912 View Post
    Sainsbury's are also very good for Naxos (usually £3.99 per disc)
    A nifty tip, Parry1912 - many thanks

Comment

• EdgeleyRob
      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Mandryka View Post
      Yep! And, looking on the bright side, think of all the space we'll be saving.
      I've already bought another shelf !!!

Comment

• vinteuil
        • Nov 2010

alpha are bringing out later this month a box set of the 6 CDs of the cafe Zimmermann Bach multiple instrument concertos.
        A reasonable price on amazon.uk - cheaper and sooner on amazon.fr - even cheaper than that on amazon.de

Much recommended!

Comment

• ostuni
          • Nov 2010

Thanks for that: ordered just now from Am.de, for £24.40, inc postage. A bargain indeed - I very much like what I've heard of Cafe Zimmerman so far.

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
            alpha are bringing out later this month a box set of the 6 CDs of the cafe Zimmermann Bach multiple instrument concertos.
            A reasonable price on amazon.uk - cheaper and sooner on amazon.fr - even cheaper than that on amazon.de

Much recommended!
            Great stuff vints - the Zimmermanners are the biz I think it was you and Caliban who put me on to them originally - ta everso!

Comment

• Pianorak
              • Nov 2010

ELGAR Sir Adrian Boult Conducts 5CDs

from Selections at £9.99. Are they Essential?
              My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

• Dave2002
                • Dec 2010

A month or so back a complete set of Wagner operas from Bayreuth was recommended as a download from Amazon - http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wagner-Great.../dp/B001RTYRZM

I downloaded these, but when playing back on iTunes on an iMac using Mac OS X there seem to be some glitches at the end of some tracks. Is this fixable? Is it worth complaining to Amazon, or do I need to do something else to avoid this problem. At the price I suppose I could live with it, but it is a shame. I've had other downloads without incurring this problem before, though I did use different equipment - and the works may have been more tolerant of gaps - e.g between movements. Götterdämmerung suffers at least slightly from this problem.

Comment

• remdataram
                  • Mar 2011

After watching the marvellous Rostropvich documentary last week I ordered the Rostropovich/Guilini Dvorak/Saint-Saens DVD from Sendit.com for the silly price of £5.99.

I believe, but I'm not sure, the audio on the DVD is identical to the HMV 'Great Recordings of the Century' CD.

Comment

• martin_opera

Amazon mp3 site has http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sibelius-Com...PCFF1NDWHKP4C8 Osmo Vanska and the Lahti Symphony Orchestra in the complete Sibelius Symphonies, Violin Concerto and Karelia suite for £5.99. Or £5 as part of the 2 for £10 offer. These are great versions and have now found their way onto my i-pod.

Comment

• johnb
                      • Mar 2007

Alfen Symphony No 4 - Amazon mp3 download for £0.69!

Never heard any of his music but £0.69 is such a trivial amount.

Also Schnabel playing all Beethoven Piano Sonatas for £4.99 (Amazon mp3 download)

No idea what the remastering is like, but at this price the risk is worth taking.

Comment

• Stunsworth
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by johnb View Post
                        No idea what the remastering is like, but at this price the risk is worth taking.
                        You can hear previews by clicking on the play button to the left of each track.
                        Steve

Comment

• Petrushka
                          • Nov 2010

Popped into HMV Oxford Street yesterday and picked up Wilhelm Furtwangler: the Great EMI Recordings 21 CD set for £36!!

Fortunately, I have very little duplication so very pleased with this. Loads of other bargains as well.
                          "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• amateur51

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
                            Popped into HMV Oxford Street yesterday and picked up Wilhelm Furtwangler: the Great EMI Recordings 21 CD set for £36!!

Fortunately, I have very little duplication so very pleased with this. Loads of other bargains as well.
                            Blimey Petrushka! - well done!

Did you notice if they had a fair few of the Furtwangler set, perchance?

Comment

• hafod
                              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
                              Don't forget the Amazon Marketplace which, at the time of posting, can do better than this. I have bought new without any problems includung this Furtwangler box a few weeks ago for £29.99. Saves a costly journey to London.

Comment

• Petrushka
                                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                                Blimey Petrushka! - well done!

Did you notice if they had a fair few of the Furtwangler set, perchance?
                                There were a few yes but not piles of them. If this set takes your fancy it's well worth a bus ride from Willesden Green, Am51!

I was in London for the Lucerne/Abbado concert so was there anyway but for anyone not in London, Hafod points the way and at a slightly cheaper price, too.
                                "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

Working...
                                X