Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More freebies

Besides the Bach organ freebies mentioned above, there is also an archive of music from the Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum which is worth investigating - http://www.gardnermuseum.org/music/listen/music_library

There are also fairly frequent concert recordings which are uploaded to that site - some excellent. Currently their episode 132 has some Haydn - http://www.gardnermuseum.org/music/listen

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
      Which organ or organs does Chapuis play on in this set?
      He uses :

the Andersen organ of the church of the Redeemer, Copenhagen, Denmark
      the Arp Schnitger organ of St Michael's, Zwolle, Netherlands
      the Beckerath organ of St Paul's, Hamm, Westphalia, Germany
      the Klapmeyer organ of St Nicholas's, Altenbruch, Lower Saxony, Germany
      the Andersen organ of St Benedict's, Ringsted, Denmark

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
        Check out, using title and performer information, via amazon.co.uk marketplace. I just used it to order the Chapuis Bach organ works from Harmonia Mundi for £25.25 including p&p.
        Moi aussi!

I have been sampling some of Michel's recordings on Spotify, plus watching a few of his YouTube videos. I'm not too much into organ music, but some of these are really good. I look forward to the coming of the box set.

Comment

Beethoven Piano Sonatas: Wilhelm Backhaus. Tesco Entertainment £22.97 free delivery.
          No doubt someone will tell me I've been robbed!
          My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

Originally posted by Pianorak View Post
            Beethoven Piano Sonatas: Wilhelm Backhaus. Tesco Entertainment £22.97 free delivery.
            No doubt someone will tell me I've been robbed!
            Not I, rakky: it's £1.98 cheaper than Sainsbury's (and every little helps!)

Best Wishes.
            [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Haitink LSO Beethoven Symphonies £9.99 + postage from Harmonia Mundi Amazon store

Comment

Europadisc sale now on . . .

. . . although not everything is a bargain:

http://www.europadisc.co.uk/classica...o_Concerto.htm

Shurely shome mishtake
                Del boy: “Get in, get out, don’t look back. That’s my motto!”

Comment

Originally posted by Parry1912 View Post

Shurely shome mishtake
                  Even if the prices quoted were reversed it would still be cheaper (new) via the amazon.co.uk marketplace.
                  Last edited by Bryn; 31-12-11, 08:09. Reason: Typo

Comment

Originally posted by Parry1912 View Post

Shurely shome mishtake
                    At least the programmers got the formulae right! Pity they didn't put out an error message for the data entry people though.

Comment

Download daily deals.....

In addition to Chandos's half-price daily deal

Chandos Records is one of the world's premiere classical record companies, focusing on superb quality musical recordings.

eclassical.com has an even cheaper half-price daily deal

Download Classical Music in lossless High Resolution FLAC & MP3 formats, and learn about Classical Music. Refund Policy, No DRM protection and pricing is per second.

Comment

I just found this price for Mahler: Symphonies 2, 4, 7, 9; Lieder (Emi France): http://www.amazon.co.uk/Mahler-Symph...5927081&sr=8-1. Does anyone have any comments on this set? There is a glowing BBC Music review of it. The only Klemperer I have in Mahler is Das Lied. It seems tempting, but I really intended to slow down my purchases this year...

Comment

The Seventh Symphony is controversial, with many listeners (me included) finding it far too slow and draggingly soporific. Others find it convincing in its own terms.

The other works are superbly performed; many people's favourite versions of the Symphonies and Das Lied von der Erde. Klemperer knew and worked with Mahler, and these recordings are of great historical significance besides being tremendous readings of the works.

I don't like the layout of the Discs: I think the Lieder should have filled up the discs with the Fourth and Seventh, rather than having the glorious end of the Ninth followed immediately by the two songs from Das Knaben Wunderhorn. But you might not agree, and even if you do, you can always "Rip & Burn".

£13.99? Terrific bargain!
                          [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Thanks for this (I think). And the Glyndbourne Rake's Progress also on Amazon at £15.99. So much for my plans to cut down.

Comment

I don't know the 4,7 and 9. I have the Resurrection and Das Lied - superb. This seems like a bargain to me.

For me to obtain the missing CDs would cost almost as much (or maybe more than) as this collection - though perhaps the layout is a problem for some.

Comment

I seem to recall that the was a monumental Amazon screw-up on the opening offer price for the Rubinstein complete recordings box that was reviewed on CD Review today. Did anyone receive their copy at the bargain price?

Comment

Working...
                                X