Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mahlerfan View Post
    JPC.d have a sale on and I fancy a Gielen box, but I don't know if they include vat and duty in their prices like Amazon - does anyone know? I don't want a 20% bill on the doorstep and a courier service £12 admin charge.
    I can refer to my recent purchase of two items ordered on Feb 18:
    Very interesting and well-priced 10CD Harald Genzmer collection at Euro 13.99 https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/classic/det...s/hnum/7800189
    Brahms Duets and Quartets, filling a gap for me, at 12.99 https://www.jpc.de/jpcng/cpo/detail/...e/hnum/5892052

I've checked the invoice and I was charged Euro 11.76 + 10.92 (with VAT at 0%) + postage 6.58. Total = 29.26. £25.20 was taken from my credit card account. They arrived two weeks later with no doorstep transaction or further payment. So actually a good deal and no complaints really. Not sure how I got away with not paying VAT.

Good luck!

Comment

JPC.d have a sale on and I fancy a Gielen box, but I don't know if they include vat and duty in their prices like Amazon - does anyone know? I don't want a 20% bill on the doorstep and a courier service £12 admin charge.
      i order quite regularly from JPC to the UK and there have never been any issues at all, even with more expensive orders.

i've ordered two of the Gielen boxes in their sale and don't anticipate any problems at all. That's a great sale btw!
      5against4.com
      @5against4

Comment

Thanks for your replies gurnemanz & 5against4 - I shall go ahead and risk it!

Comment

Originally posted by 5against4 View Post
          i order quite regularly from JPC to the UK and there have never been any issues at all, even with more expensive orders.

i've ordered two of the Gielen boxes in their sale and don't anticipate any problems at all. That's a great sale btw!
          Hmm. Perhaps I should have waited, rather than either purchasing the CDs or accessing them via QOBUZ as they became available.

The Mahler (Volume 6) is a must.
          Last edited by Bryn; 12-04-22, 12:11. Reason: Update.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
            Hands down one of the greatest recorded cycles of anything, ever.
            5against4.com
            @5against4

Comment

Hmm. Perhaps I should have waited, rather than either purchasing the CDs or accessing them via QOBUZ as they became available.

Such a good offer, but jpc do state:

Lieferzeit beträgt mind. 4 Wochen (soweit verfügbar beim Lieferanten)
              Delivery at least 4 weeks. Depends on availability at distributor.

Comment

I wouldn't quite go that far! But that's the one I've ordered!

Comment

Steady now!

Comment

I wouldn't quite go that far! But that's the one I've ordered!
                    And you get 2 9ths, one on CD , the other on DVD.

Comment

Yes, part of my reasoning. I have 6 & 7 already which IMO are the best in the set, but I'd like the booklet, the dvd and the rest from a completest point of view. I do think that apart from 6 & 7, one can easily do better from other combos.

Comment

The CD and DVD contain the same performance of the 9th, but it was evidently especially poignant for Gielen, hence why they wanted to include video of the performance too. i wish there were more videos available of Gielen in action.
                        5against4.com
                        @5against4

Comment

Yes, part of my reasoning. I have 6 & 7 already which IMO are the best in the set, but I'd like the booklet, the dvd and the rest from a completest point of view. I do think that apart from 6 & 7, one can easily do better from other combos.
                          3 was my introduction to Gielen's Mahler, prompted by a very enthusiastic review by Rob Cowan on Radio 3. It remains one of my favourites. The recordings of Das Lied von der Erde were made years apart for the male and female voice movements. The engineering covers this up rather well, I think.

Comment

The CD and DVD contain the same performance of the 9th, but it was evidently especially poignant for Gielen, hence why they wanted to include video of the performance too. i wish there were more videos available of Gielen in action.
                            I have to admit that I have not got around to watching the DVD. I must correct that situation. It's a work for which I tend to have my eyes close for much of the time.

Comment

Actually, it turns out that they are not. The DVD is taken from a single concert on 30th June 2003. The CD derives from performances from 27th June 2003 to 4th July 2003.

Comment

Actually, it turns out that they are not. The DVD is taken from a single concert on 30th June 2003. The CD derives from performances from 27th June 2003 to 4th July 2003.
                                Ah, apologies! When i read the booklet i thought the point they were making was that they wanted to include both audio and video of that specific performance. Nice to know we actually get an extra performance!
                                5against4.com
                                @5against4

Comment

Working...
                                X