Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cockney Sparrow View Post
    Not a great bargain, but not a Download either. Presto have a service supplying to order a CD (CD-R - press on the "i" information logo) and booklet for nla Philips CDs on demand - Philips being a label no longer manufactured. And until March, a 20% reduction.

https://www.prestomusic.com/classica...--presto-mod22
    Yes, including, on the Sviatoslav Richter Franck disc, some 'fillers' of Liszt, beautifully played, that I'd not come across before...

Comment

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
      I hadn't spotted that. I note the prestissimo Finale is available on their Vol 4 download. Cloughie has written to them. Or one could just swallow the expense (mp3 - 84p, flac - £1.20.) and download it as a single movement.

(PS The movement is also missing on the faulty and refunded 7digital download which I found still lurking in my recycle bin.)
      Heard back from Presto - all sorted.
      ‘ Thank you for your response. The downloads team have provided the missing track, attached in this email. Please let us know if you continue to experience any issues with this album.’

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
        Heard back from Presto - all sorted.
        ‘ Thank you for your response. The downloads team have provided the missing track, attached in this email. Please let us know if you continue to experience any issues with this album.’

Good to know. Now I should do the same!

Comment

A polite email should do the trick!

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
            A polite email should do the trick!

Comment

Chandos have 60% off Naxos downloads. Offer closes noon tomorrow. I got the first disc in their new Brahms Song Edition with Christoph Prégardien for £2.30.
              https://www.chandos.net/products/catalogue/NX%204268

Comment

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
                Chandos have 60% off Naxos downloads. Offer closes noon tomorrow. I got the first disc in their new Brahms Song Edition with Christoph Prégardien for £2.30.
                https://www.chandos.net/products/catalogue/NX%204268
                Just caught that offer last weekend - lots of tempting stuff but I’ve limited myself to a couple of Septura wind septet arrangements of French music and English music. BBM - have you heard Septura - how do their arrangements sound to thr expert?

Comment

Just looked - not sure that I wouldn't still prefer CDs - https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=septura&sprefix=septura

The Gershwin and Copland one sounds fun - nicely done - but I'm not an expert. Samples are available on various sites.

Comment

There are also CDs in the sale - including some cheap deleted ones - and some of them are for brass ensembles.

Only an hour or so to buy, though. Some are tempting. However there are additional postage charges - I'll probably miss these this time round.

Comment

The huge Bernstein sony box available at a daft price

I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                        The huge Bernstein sony box available at a daft price

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Leonard-Ber...al%2C67&sr=1-3
                        That's £12 more than I paid for it from the same vendor in 2019. It might be worth shopping around.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                          That's £12 more than I paid for it from the same vendor in 2019. It might be worth shopping around.
                          Ah, I haven’t ever seen at at that price.
                          But I have the two other Sony boxes.
                          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Furtwangler Complete Studio Recordings on Amazon for £71.24 inc. p&p
                            Del boy: “Get in, get out, don’t look back. That’s my motto!”

Comment

JPC.d have a sale on and I fancy a Gielen box, but I don't know if they include vat and duty in their prices like Amazon - does anyone know? I don't want a 20% bill on the doorstep and a courier service £12 admin charge.

Comment

Working...
                              X