Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've picked up a few Glyndebourne Britten cds and very good they all are and in luxury packaging with interesting notes.
    My question is should I lose the plastic bags that the cds are in? I'm just thinking back to a DG box set of Schubert string
    quartets where the foam stuck to the cds!

Comment

I downloaded (FLAC, standard resolution) the complete Sibelius set Makela/Oslo set from Presto for $13

Comment

Originally posted by richardfinegold View Post
        I downloaded (FLAC, standard resolution) the complete Sibelius set Makela/Oslo set from Presto for $13

Hope you enjoy them; I've been streaming them a fair bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave2002 View Post
          Just splurged a few more quid on some of the downloads from Classic Select World, including a set of Beethoven String quartets by the Colorado Quartet, and Haydn Symponies conducted by Janigro, and some flute music.
          There's also a set of Russian String quartets for £1. My total was £6.00 - which came to £6.80 with tax. I may have had one or two of these before, but they're cheap enough that it's not such a big deal.

Oh - yes - I know the audio quality may not be great - but it's probably good enough for my immediate purposes.

https://www.classicselectworld.com
          Ouch! I just tried compiling an order, adding up to around £40 for the discs, from Classic Select World. However, when I got to the checkout, the cheapest delivery cost was a little over another £40. I quickly deselected all the discs and gave up. I might go back to download the free Goldbergs there, though.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
            Ouch! I just tried compiling an order, adding up to around £40 for the discs, from Classic Select World. However, when I got to the checkout, the cheapest delivery cost was a little over another £40. I quickly deselected all the discs and gave up. I might go back to download the free Goldbergs there, though.
            That makes sense. I have never bought physical discs from that company. I think it's quite good value for those in the US or in places where delivery and taxes don't mount up to something sigificant.

I have had a few particular CDs from the US or Canada - even Japan - but only when I decided it was really worth paying for the delivery etc.

Comment

Quick! One day only sale of seven novels by Sebastian Barry on Kindle Daily deal (99p each...)

Comment

Originally posted by Mal View Post
                Quick! One day only sale of seven novels by Sebastian Barry on Kindle Daily deal (99p each...)
                Don't know the author. Are they good?

Possibly - probably. Recommendations?

Comment

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
                  Daftly cheap downloads of Karel Ančerl: Live Recordings with Czech Philharmonic at Presto. No booklet but 15 CDs for the price of a pint.

https://www.prestomusic.com/classica...ive-recordings
                  Apparently they have fixed the pricing error since this post, unless the price of pints in the U.K. Has increased significantly. Sorry I hadn’t seen this last spring

Comment

Originally posted by richardfinegold View Post
                    Apparently they have fixed the pricing error since this post, unless the price of pints in the U.K. Has increased significantly. Sorry I hadn’t seen this last spring
                    Pleased I did the grabitandrun when it was there!

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                      Pleased I did the grabitandrun when it was there!
                      Which I didn't, but there'll probably be more this year.

Comment

This week's free offering from Classics Select World contains a Flac (or mp3 if you don't want that) version of a mass by Claudin de Sermisy, as well as some Tallis.
                        It's sufficiently unusual that others may want to look into this one. I had never heard of Claudin de Sermisy previously.

Comment

DG Abbado Brahms download. 19 hours for around a tenner. Could be an error. I zapped in a pre-order (out tomorrow).

https://www.prestomusic.com/classica...-abbado-brahms

Comment

DG Abbado Brahms download. 19 hours for around a tenner. Could be an error. I zapped in a pre-order (out tomorrow).

Since the Hungarian Dances alone, in that listing, as shown as costing £56.70. I think you are right about the mispricing of the full download.

Comment

Thanks gurn, Duly ordered worth a tenner to fill the gaps!

Comment

Currently downloading the two zips of FLACs here.

Comment

Working...
                                X