Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by waldhorn View Post
    No you won't... I rushed to buy it and it ( Amazon) currently says 'temporarily out of stock'!
    For an extra £2 you could try one of the marketplace sellers. I've used marketplace in the past for imports that I would have to buy from abroad thus avoiding customs and extra duty. I've never had a problem with Amazon marketplace sellers and all purchases are guaranteed by Amazon.

The same CD is on sale on Play.com for £6.99 here

Comment

Originally posted by mathias broucek View Post
      The Bostock "British Symphonies" box is now £6.99 on Amazon (10 CD)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/British-Symp...2492482&sr=1-1
      Blimey! And I thought I did well at £11 when the set first appeared.

Here's another - one of the complete sets of Schumann piano works from Demus at £9 (13 CD)

Comment

Originally posted by hafod View Post
        Here's another - one of the complete sets of Schumann piano works from Demus at £9 (13 CD)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Schumann-Com...sim_sbs_m_h__2
        Yes, but you should have warned us about the 'Explicit Lyrics'!
        Del boy: “Get in, get out, don’t look back. That’s my motto!”

Comment

Originally posted by L'enfer View Post
          For an extra £2 you could try one of the marketplace sellers. I've used marketplace in the past for imports that I would have to buy from abroad thus avoiding customs and extra duty. I've never had a problem with Amazon marketplace sellers and all purchases are guaranteed by Amazon.

The same CD is on sale on Play.com for £6.99 here
          Well done, L'enfer - you got the hang of this straight away - a fine update, many thanks

Comment

Blimey! And I thought I did well at £11 when the set first appeared.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Schumann-Com...sim_sbs_m_h__2
            If only we could have the Schumann pieces that Demus recorded for Deutsche Harmonia Mundi on period pianos...I long to have them on CD.

Comment

Originally posted by Parry1912 View Post
              Yes, but you should have warned us about the 'Explicit Lyrics'!
              Explicit lyrics in piano music? Just a rude passing thought; perhaps the River People's censoring machine could not cope with Faschingsschwank aus Wien.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Newman View Post
                Explicit lyrics in piano music? Just a rude passing thought; perhaps the River People's censoring machine could not cope with Faschingsschwank aus Wien.

Comment

Wagner Dutchman Steinberg - yes, the whole opera for a penny!
                  http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wagner-Der-f...d=FGEU0YLY9GBO
                  Has anybody listened to it yet? Still interested to hear what people think of it.
                  My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

Wagner Dutchman Steinberg - yes, the whole opera for a penny!

Originally posted by Pianorak View Post
                    Has anybody listened to it yet? Still interested to hear what people think of it.
                    It is excellent. The Penguin Guide puts it among the best. Pinchas Steinberg is the son of the much admired William (Wilhelm) Steinberg. He has held operatic posts in several east European theatres. The young Alfred Muff (this set dates from 1992) makes a fine Dutchman and Peter Sieffert (Erik), who was married to the late great Lucia Popp, is now a top heldentenor.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Newman View Post
                      It is excellent
                      +1

Comment

Originally posted by Pianorak View Post
                        It is one of my oldest Naxos purchases and to this day my only version on CD. Amazingly for a cheap label there is a 60-page booklet with full libretto, albeit German only.

Comment

Well, there must be something wrong with me - I bought it years ago and just don't like it. It has "studio recording" written all over it - lacks atmosphere and drama, and as for Alfred Mutt's Dutchman - "Dich frage ich, gespriesner Engel Gottes" and "Wenn alle Toten auferstehn" in Act one don't register at all and go for a complete burton. Thus discouraged I never ventured any further. Joerg Hering does indeed make a splendid helmsman and I'll take your word for it that the rest of the cast is just fine.
                          My life, each morning when I dress, is four and twenty hours less. (J Richardson)

Comment

MDT frequently has sales on from various labels but this one from Regis is new and fairly ..spectacular

Comment

Worth also checking the website for Selections (who distribute Regis, I believe):

http://www.selections.com/music/

Still some good things in their Clearance Sale as well.

Comment

The Hyperion Schubert song edition is available for under £100. See this page...

Although the cost for the physical discs appears to be £100+ this is reduced to less than £100 when you go to checkout.

Also the accompanying book with German/English texts can be downloaded as a PDF from this page with no obligation to buy the CDs.
                                Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X