Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recorder players might like René Clemencic's collection - The Bird Fancyer's Delight for around £1 in Flac quality [good!] from Classic Select World.

1. MR. HILL: The Bird Fancyer's Delight (1717) (4:22)Tune For The Woodlark A Tune For The East India Nightingale Tune For The Bullfinch Tunes For The Canary Bird Tune For The Woodlark Tune For The Parrot 2. FRESCOBALDI: Canzona Per Canto Solo 3:32 TELEMANN: Partita No. 5 In E Minor (5:23)3. Andante 4. Vivace 5. Sicilia

The easiest way to locate this if you don't use the link here is to search for Clemencic.
    Last edited by Dave2002; 19-02-24, 13:43.

Comment

Etcetera box set.
      might be worth a punt. Can’t find any reviews of the set.

I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

This week Classic Select World has two Brahms concerto freebies - with Peter Serkin. They seem quite decent in Flac format.

I also decided to lash out slightly more than £1 [£1.07 as charged I think] and buy a Mozart download also with Peter Serkin - also decent enough.

One hiccup I had with downloads from this site was a recent Flac [I think] download which sounds really bad - I'll have to ask if there's a better version. Even most mp3s are better than that one.

Search for Peter Serkin on this site - to find the freebies - £0.

Classical, Jazz, Pop, World and Country Music on CD, DVD, Digital Downloads and Blu-Ray at Great Prices! Featuring classical music by Mozart, Beethoven, Bach, Vivaldi and performances by Karajan, Bernstein, Bocelli, Callas, Perlman and more. Featuring jazz, classic pop and rock and roll from the 1950s and 1960s.

Comment

I see that in Prestos Warner sale that the Cantelli CD icon box is still available for just £10.56 . It’s a treasure trove.

Comment

Originally posted by Parry1912 View Post
            Ormandy: The Columbia Legacy (120CDs) at Amazon for £79.99 + p&p

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Eugene-Orma...8QRXT715&psc=1
            That’s going to be a good investment I should think.
            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post

That’s going to be a good investment I should think.
              I’d say a real cracker!

Comment

This week's freebie download from Classic Select World has Mischa Elman playing Mendelssohn's E minor concerto and Lalo's Symphonie Espagnole. It is available in several formats including Flac [download that for preference - or get that and the mp3 or even all three offered formats] - though don't expect miracles. The Flac is - however - OK - unlike one or two others I've had from this source, it's just a somewhat dull sounding recording. The orchestra is the Vienna State Opera Orchestra conducted by Vladimir Golschmann.

It is of interest because of the violinist. I've not knowingly ever heard any recordings by this artist before. It's perhaps not going to be one of my favourite versions of these pieces, but worth hearing nevertheless.

Comment

Sadly it was very late in Elman's life (he was in his 70s), try some of his early recordings for a flavour of his sound and style.

Comment

Originally posted by mikealdren View Post
                    Sadly it was very late in Elman's life (he was in his 70s), try some of his early recordings for a flavour of his sound and style.
                    I had thought that some violinists did still manage to play well even in their later years. There are quite a few problems in the Mendelssohn here - as well as glimpses of something far better - but perhaps not attainable on the day of the recording.

Is there a list of his earlier recordings which are still available?

Comment

I have CD sets of Aldo Ciccolini in Debussy and Satie, of which I am very fond. Downloaders may be interested in an undoubted bargain from 7digital - L'Art D'Aldo Ciccolini, 8 CDs including Chopin Nocturnes Book 1 and 2, Grieg Complete Lyric Pieces and other works. Only £6,99 for FLAC (Presto are charging £88). Seems to be error-free, unlike some 7Digital stuff.

Comment

Working...
                      X