Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beef Oven

How about this for a bargain http://www.amazon.co.uk/Wagner-Trist...4096649&sr=1-1
    That is why I have hung on to my cassette player and cassette version. All my other cassettes have been replaced by CDs.

Comment

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
      A bit thin on detail, but if Mozart himself was the recording artist, as indicated, it must be worth 1p of anyone's money.
      Out of interest I emailed the seller for more details and got this info back:

Mozart : Symphonies 28 - 29 - 33
      Stuttgarter Kammerorchester - Karl Munchinger

So if you like Munchinger's brand of Mozart a bargain awaits.

Comment

More Schubert

This one however is a steal not an overdose.

Comment

Originally posted by hafod View Post

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Schubert-Com...4163583&sr=1-2
          Well my order is in, but with the estimated delivery times cited, I half expect the order to be frustrated.

Comment

Maybe. At least Sainsburys have stopped sending me reminders that they can't source the Messiaen set!

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
              The performance is very good, if that's part of what's making you pause.
              Thanks for the advice and yes it was the performance I was questioning and my time spent listening rather than downloading. Must be clearer in future. Anyway it is now downloaded and I am very pleased with what I am hearing.

Comment

Originally posted by martin_opera View Post
                Thanks for the advice and yes it was the performance I was questioning and my time spent listening rather than downloading. Must be clearer in future. Anyway it is now downloaded and I am very pleased with what I am hearing.
                - the first Walküre I ever heard: a library sold off some of its old LPs and a friend bought this for pennies. (The long, hot Summer of 1976!)
                [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Not the first time this bargain has been highlighted, but an alert for those (like me) who missed it first time

Comment

This Gardiner performance of Weber's "Oberon" quickly disappeared from the catalogue and became hard to find, but now Decca have re-released it..now for under £9.

Comment

Originally posted by MickyD View Post
                      This Gardiner performance of Weber's "Oberon" quickly disappeared from the catalogue and became hard to find, but now Decca have re-released it..now for under £9.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...pf_rd_i=468294
                      Can I ask if anyone has bought one of these new suite of DECCA opera re-releases and what form they come in? I am tempted by the Gergiev Russian operas but my local HMV doesn't stock the series (leaning towards banality these days I'm afraid) and I really want to know if they have a libretto, are single jewel case with flip or double, or god forbid cardboard sleeves. I sense that I shall be downloading only as I don't really need more plastic on my limited shelf space but clarification would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by martin_opera View Post
                        Can I ask if anyone has bought one of these new suite of DECCA opera re-releases and what form they come in? I am tempted by the Gergiev Russian operas but my local HMV doesn't stock the series (leaning towards banality these days I'm afraid) and I really want to know if they have a libretto, are single jewel case with flip or double, or god forbid cardboard sleeves. I sense that I shall be downloading only as I don't really need more plastic on my limited shelf space but clarification would be greatly appreciated.
                        It's a good point martin_opera. Recent Decca reissues (especially of Philips material) have been niggardly in their extra-musical content. At least with Oberon we have the satisfaction of knowing that the words are in English, so a libretto is less pressing than with other releases, but I share your concerns.

Comment

Originally posted by hafod View Post

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Schubert-Com...4163583&sr=1-2
                          And from what I heard during the Schubertathon very well performed pieces.

Comment

Originally posted by Chris Newman View Post
                            That is why I have hung on to my cassette player and cassette version. All my other cassettes have been replaced by CDs.
                            That's why I borrowed it from the library on cd (but did not rip it to my iPod because I think that's against the law).

Comment

at only £14.99 in HMV's sale.

http://hmv.com/hmvweb/simpleMultiSea...bmitSearch.y=0

Comment

To be released next month...

Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X