No announcement yet.
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgive me if this is a dumb question; is there a collection of accessible archive Bals and Interpretations on Record, on YouTube, or are they sporadically scattered amongst several / many uploaders?

Many thanks, everyone......

Comment

Originally posted by visualnickmos View Post
      Forgive me if this is a dumb question; is there a collection of accessible archive Bals and Interpretations on Record, on YouTube, or are they sporadically scattered amongst several / many uploaders?

Many thanks, everyone......
      How about these 249 for starters: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02...pisodes/player Not Youtube, and edited, but probably better audio.

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
        How about these 249 for starters: https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02...pisodes/player Not Youtube, and edited, but probably better audio.
        Thank you, indeed. Some exploring, there.....

Comment

Been looking for BaL Shostakovich 12 .. cant find
          "Perfection is not attainable,but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence"

Comment

Originally posted by ucanseetheend View Post
            Been looking for BaL Shostakovich 12 .. cant find
            That appears to be correct.

It is possible to locate some Shostakovich BALs by using the search feature in Firefox, though it's clunky and has to be activated on every page. There are I think three reviews of works by Shostakovich in the collection.

I couldn't find any reference to symphony 12 by this brute force approach.

Comment

Uploading old programmes

Hi all - have come rather late to the party, but I also have a big archive on tape/MiniDisc of BaLs and other CD Review/Radio 3 programmes. I did start uploading some odds and ends to see if there was any interest (e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpEdfoAQq4g). Let me know what you think of the idea? or if you are looking for something in particular, I might just have it!

Talking of which, does anyone have a recording of Stephen Johnson's 14 episode 1996 R3 Bruckner documentary "A Grand, Mysterious Harmony" please?

Cheers, K.
              "Let me have my own way in exactly everything, and a sunnier and more pleasant creature does not exist." Thomas Carlyle

Comment

Sorry meant to add another link also for JB fans https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c8xt2hUPzpY
                "Let me have my own way in exactly everything, and a sunnier and more pleasant creature does not exist." Thomas Carlyle

Comment

Originally posted by Karafan View Post
                  Hi all - have come rather late to the party, but I also have a big archive on tape/MiniDisc of BaLs and other CD Review/Radio 3 programmes. I did start uploading some odds and ends to see if there was any interest (e.g. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpEdfoAQq4g). Let me know what you think of the idea? or if you are looking for something in particular, I might just have it!

Talking of which, does anyone have a recording of Stephen Johnson's 14 episode 1996 R3 Bruckner documentary "A Grand, Mysterious Harmony" please?

Cheers, K.
                  I think it's a great idea, the bigger the archive the better.

Comment

Originally posted by mikealdren View Post
                    I think it's a great idea, the bigger the archive the better.
                    Seconded! Go for it, Karafan
                    "...the isle is full of noises,
                    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Hello all, first post here...
                      I've arrived here as a long-held bookmark to a forum page containing a list of every BAL programme no longer seems to work. The URL has 'archive' in it but it directs now to the front page of this forum, I was wondering if it had been taken down? (It's been a useful reference point in the past.)

Comment

Originally posted by kwimper View Post
                        Hello all, first post here...
                        I've arrived here as a long-held bookmark to a forum page containing a list of every BAL programme no longer seems to work. The URL has 'archive' in it but it directs now to the front page of this forum, I was wondering if it had been taken down? (It's been a useful reference point in the past.)
                        Welcome aboard!
                        It might be worth cross-posting on the Anomalies thread, which possibly gets monitored/read a bit more often than simply a new post on an existing thread.

The forum is online today for testing. Please feel free to post and use the forum normally. However, please be aware that it is liable to go 'off' with little or no notice. Our testing will be helped enormously if you could post details of any problems you encounter in this thread. Many thanks.
                        Last edited by Pulcinella; 07-01-24, 14:55. Reason: Link to thread added

Comment

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post

Welcome aboard!
                          It might be worth cross-posting on the Anomalies thread, which possibly gets monitored/read a bit more often than simply a new post on an existing thread.

https://www.for3.org/forums/forum/ra...32#post1293097
                          But does it mean the R3F page is no longer available? Or some outside site? Darloboy always seems to know what's been on.
                          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Thanks for replying so quickly, I will post in the Anomalies forum!

Comment

Working...
                            X