X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
    I tend to trust Simon's judgement.

I tend to just pick up handfuls of whatever I see - not a single issue that I've regretted; and many that have become highly treasured.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
      I wonder which anglo saxon word or expression came first to the minds of forumites on clicking that link ?

Still, worth popping on the old Xmas list.......
      Far too many duplicates for someone like me who is not that much of a Herbie fan. The Warner collection plus the 'Decca' '60s and Opera boxed, along with a fair few separate CDs and sets is more than enough for my needs/desires.

Comment

Far too many duplicates for someone like me who is not that much of a Herbie fan.
        And, I suspect, for someone like me, who is. (It'd ruin my shelving system, too!)

Probably for wealthier Karajan completists - which is why there's only going to be 100 copies available in the UK (it sez 'ere). £40 p&p to add on, as well!

Comment

Whatever you think of this Karajan set, it must surely take the prize for the biggest ever box set of CDs?

Comment

Originally posted by MickyD View Post
            Whatever you think of this Karajan set, it must surely take the prize for the biggest ever box set of CDs?
            ...and probably the most pointless! Why don't they just reissue his whole catalogue as individual discs in cardboard sleeves at a couple of quid each then we can fill the gaps in our collections - better still do downloads at 50p each then they don't have the piles of unsold discs.

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
              ...and probably the most pointless! Why don't they just reissue his whole catalogue as individual discs in cardboard sleeves at a couple of quid each then we can fill the gaps in our collections - better still do downloads at 50p each then they don't have the piles of unsold discs.
              This is DG milking Karajan for all he's worth and while that's plenty, this monster box is pretty pointless. I've got the 1960s, 70s and 80s boxes but not the operas box (which I didn't want) and the Decca set of the 1960s VPO recordings is still available (better snap it up before it gets deleted). In addition, I have the complete Warner boxes so I'm not in the market for any more.
              "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

The Rattle and co. Pelléas et Mélisande featured on this morning's Record Review has just been delivered here, along with a brass suede brush to top up to free p&p. Will give the Blu-ray a spin after I get back from Waitrose and Poundland. .

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                  £40 p&p to add on, as well!
                  I think we count as domestic, not Europe (no, I'm not getting into a Brexit debate!), so probably no extra postage for the UK.

Not that it's on on my Christmas list, anyway.
                  Last edited by Pulcinella; 07-10-17, 14:22. Reason: Typo (spotted by ferney) corrected!

Comment

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
                    I think we count as domestic, not Europe (no, I'm not getting into a Brexit debate!), so proably no extra postage for the UK.
                    Oh, very well - you've twisted my arm.

("proably"? Is that how they pronounce it in York? )

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                      Oh, very well - you've twisted my arm.

("proably"? Is that how they pronounce it in York? )
                      Guess so! It's not wot we used to say in Liverpool, though.

Comment

..after I get back from Waitrose and Poundland. .
                        ... there's a feller with discernment!

Comment

Very interesting.... 1955-62 Bruckner... ROSBAUD/SWR.

surprisingly expensive download ...
                          Listen to unlimited or download Bruckner: Symphonies Nos. 2-9 by Südwestfunk-Orchester Baden-Baden in Hi-Res quality on Qobuz. Subscription from £10.83/month.

God knows when I'll get round to it though (or even back to orchestral music at all yet....)

Last edited by jayne lee wilson; 10-10-17, 17:38.

Comment

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
                            Very interesting.... 1955-62 Bruckner... ROSBAUD/SWR.

surprisingly expensive download ...
                            Listen to unlimited or download Bruckner: Symphonies Nos. 2-9 by Südwestfunk-Orchester Baden-Baden in Hi-Res quality on Qobuz. Subscription from £10.83/month.

God knows when I'll get round to it though (or even back to orchestral music at all yet....)

Interesting that they'e found 2-9! I remember his No7 on Turnabout as an affordable LP with a good recording, and Hollereiser's No4 which was a less quality product.

Comment

Originally posted by vinteuil View Post
                              ... there's a feller with discernment!

...who enjoys a free coffee!

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                                ...who enjoys a free coffee!
                                ... and Guardian.

Comment

Working...
                                X