Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm still there.

Today I could not access the total number of pieces. Is it me or has something changed? I think I'm up to date, but I anticipate increasing dificulty in finding missed pieces. It's probably me.

Comment

Originally posted by Padraig View Post
      I'm still there.

Today I could not access the total number of pieces. Is it me or has something changed? I think I'm up to date, but I anticipate increasing dificulty in finding missed pieces. It's probably me.
      Padraig - on the left of the screen there are three horizontal lines. Click there and a drop-down menu takes you to all the previous pieces.

Comment

Thank you kb. It was me. I was getting twitter, but I see my mistake now. And I see I'm up to date.

Comment

Superb video of Bach c Chaconne today:

http://allofbach.com/en/bwv/bwv-582/

Comment

Agreed, Lento. I am familiar with only a few of Bach's organ pieces, and this is the sound I have in my head when I think 'Bach'. Probably very shallow of me; for when I listened to Durch Adams Fall, BWV 637, I found it difficult to follow the threads, even with the aid of the video. My ear missed the falling sevenths to boot, though I did end up suitably depressed (as intended?) and was not totally restored by the lingering final major chord.

Comment

Originally posted by Padraig View Post
              My ear missed the falling sevenths
              How strange and what a pity: the pedal was hardly there at all, I thought.

Comment

This week's offering (Bach Magnificat) well worth a listen imv.

http://allofbach.com/en/bwv/bwv-243/

Comment

Yes, splendid. I always enjoy the feature of one of the musicians talking about the work, as here.

Comment

Originally posted by Lento View Post
                    This week's offering (Bach Magnificat) well worth a listen imv.

The Magnificat was the first work of Bach's that I really got to know well, and began my lifelong (and counting!) adoration of this astonishing body of Music. It remains a particular favourite piece of mine, held in great affection, and this performance is one of the very best I've heard. Thanks for the nudge, Lento, and to Hitch for introducing this marvellous site.

I enjoyed the Soprano's comments on the difficulties of singing this Music, too - salutary to be reminded that it was written for a boy of about thirteen-fifteen years old!
                    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

I'll go along with all the above comments. What wonderful company, and I mean the Bach ensemble and soloists as well.

Comment

Absolutely brilliant.

Comment

Dutifully heard BWV 721. Hard going these organ works, for me.

Comment

One foot in the grave? Well yes; isn't that life?
                            Cantata BWV 156 says it beautifully.

Comment

Agree with the general feeling that each Friday's new offerings from this website are superbly presented, performed and recorded. I have particularly enjoyed the cantatas, but also found the organ works a little more challenging. I was also interested to discover this week, that I had in my "archives" a previous recording made from the radio in about 1983, of the Bach (ex-Vivaldi) Concerto for 4 harpsichords featuring Lars Ulrich Mortensen (the conductor on BWV156) playing with Trevor Pinnock, Kenneth Gilbert and Nicholas Kraemer and the English Consort. Still sounds great after transferring to CD. Roll on next Friday!

Comment

Welcome, Chris. Though I have quite a lot of Bach's music, including hours of taped radio, I enjoy following All of Bach each Friday. This is a group I admire, and they have produced an excellent presentation package but I will leave detailed comment to yourself and others. I am happy just to enjoy their performing Bach. Roll on Friday is for once a worthy slogan.

Comment

Working...
                                X