X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jayne lee wilson View Post
    did you try this one...?
    No, not yet. I have a lot of time for Herreweghe's Deutsches Requiem though.

Comment

To anyone finding Brahmsian satisfaction elusive, I'd always recommend the Helsingborg SO/Andrew Manze cycle on CPO, exceptionally well-recorded in either 24/48 or CD (I have both, I was that taken ...), and teeming with interpretative interest.
      As one who has always searched for alternative Brahmsian interpretations, finding the bigboned, lusher sonorities of Vienna, Berlin etc all too much, for me this is the best since the Ondine COE/Berglund cycle....

The Herreweghe was originally advertised as c/w No.2, so that may appear soon...I do hope so!

Comment

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
        You are welcome to a copy of this audio DVD-R (48/24). I feel sure Jonathan would not mind. Given the date, I most probably used a pair of vertically coincident AT4033a mics fed through a Mackie mixer to the Alesis Masterlink 9600. I think it captures that Schott Music acoustic and piano sound fairly well (along with Jonathan's occasional vocal extemporisations). I'll capture, and upload to WeTransfer.com, Jonathan's introduction later, and post a link here (valid for 7 days) for those interested.
        That really would be most kind of you and I, too, am sure that Jonathan wouldn't mind (I have the complete Glasgow peformance). You have my email address to which to do that via WeTransfer and I'd look forward to that very much, as and when time permits you to do it.

Comment

Here's a link to an mp3 of Jonathan Powell's introduction to the performance referred to above. I will remain active for 7 days.
          Many thanks - but I hope that you'll remain active for much longer than that!

Comment

Miloslav Kabelac.
            Symphony #5.

Prague RSO/ Ivanovic.

Me and Beefy have been banging on about this new recording of his symphonies for ages. No apologies for mentioning it again.
            The Fifth is a magnificent work, IMO, and certainly not the only classy one in the cycle.

With the right singer, it would bring the house down at the Proms.

( and the 3rd, for organ , Brass and Timps would do too).

Hope Dublin Jimbo is enjoying his shiny new copy of this set.

( The whole lot is on Spotify).
            Last edited by teamsaint; 08-05-17, 18:11.
            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Originally posted by ahinton View Post
              Many thanks - but I hope that you'll remain active for much longer than that!
              A cerain key on his keyboard is failing o connec someimes. I should give i a good clean ou.

Comment

A cerain key on his keyboard is failing o connec someimes. I should give i a good clean ou.
                Ro'en when i' does tha', inni'.
                [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
                  Ro'en when i' does tha', inni'.

Mines ucking about too.

It akes e ad.
                  I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post

Mines ucking about too.

It akes e ad.
                    [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

After a hiatus of a couple of weeks, Mrs. PG are completing our Haydn Symphony Odyssey on Period Instruments.

We're now hitting the 'London' Symphonies.

Comment

Continuing my recreation of programmes from Towards the Millennium...

1950s

Stravinsky: Agon
                        London Symphony Orchestra
                        Michael Tilson Thomas

Messiaen: Chronochromie
                        Cleveland Orchestra
                        Pierre Boulez

[interval}

Stockhausen: Gruppen
                        Berliner Philharmoniker
                        Claudio Abbado, Friedrich Goldman, Marcus Creed
                        Last edited by Petrushka; 08-05-17, 21:25. Reason: wrong conductor!!
                        "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

Originally posted by pastoralguy View Post
                          After a hiatus of a couple of weeks, Mrs. PG are completing our Haydn Symphony Odyssey on Period Instruments.

We're now hitting the 'London' Symphonies.
                          Any new discoveries Pasters?

Comment

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
                            Continuing my recreation of programmes from Towards the Millennium...

1950s

Stravinsky: Agon
                            London Symphony Orchestra
                            Michael Tilson Thomas

Messiaen: Chronochromie
                            Cleveland Orchestra
                            Pierre Boulez

[interval}

Stockhausen: Gruppen
                            Berliner Philharmoniker
                            Claudio Abbado, Daniel Harding, Marcus Creed
                            Another fantastic Programme. I do hope you will complete this great journey, Pet.
                            Don’t cry for me
                            I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
                              Another fantastic Programme. I do hope you will complete this great journey, Pet.
                              As I mentioned on the Rest is Noise thread, I'm hoping to continue, once the Rattle programmes are done, to devise one or two programmes solely with music from the first two decades of this century. There's a challenge if ever there was one! I've got one or two ideas noted down, though.
                              "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

Prokofiev's 1st and 2nd Suites from 'Romeo & Juliet'.

The Minnesota Orchestra conducted by late, great Stan the Man.

This from the Mercury Living Presence Box set, Vol. 1.

My goodness, these are great recordings.

Comment

Working...
                                X