What British, commonwealth, or similar 'neglected' composer are you listening to?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
    with my boyish good looks?

anyway I didn't decide, like VW 4 it just happened that way.
    Never trusted people with career paths.....and enough with the banter already, suggestions please? I have a 3% shortfall on target to explain. (the others are worse though, so I shall just blame the collapse of the Euro or something).
    In these situations I have found the following three responses to be the most effective:

1) What shortfall?

2) Targets are +/- 5% so I am probably 2% ahead

3) Do you want my resignation?

Comment

Always listen to something feisty and loud on the way to get me in combative mood........any suggestions?
      This'll get ye fired up.

Comment

Originally posted by EdgeleyRob View Post
        This'll get ye fired up.

Good choice - I bought this when it came out on Marco Polo. The Naxos release is much better value!

Comment

TWO long days of sales meetings ahead for me , so little music and endless hot air.

Always listen to something feisty and loud on the way to get me in combative mood........

any suggestions? (got plenty to be going on with but suggestions welcome).
          ' White Riot ' by The Clash always does it for me

Comment

Originally posted by AmpH View Post
            ' White Riot ' by The Clash always does it for me

Comment

Originally posted by Beef Oven View Post
              In these situations I have found the following three responses to be the most effective:

1) What shortfall?

2) Targets are +/- 5% so I am probably 2% ahead

3) Do you want my resignation?

as everybody knows, if you hit the target, the target was too low, if you miss it, you are rubbish.
              Anyway, good thoughts Beefy, athough I have a few resonses of my own , some in Anglo Saxon !

Good music suggestions too everyone. will add them to my normal stock for these occasions , (Some Beethoven, The Men They Couldn't hang etc).
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

The so-called English Sibelius Arthur Butterworth - Symphony #4. Dutton

Comment

The so-called English Sibelius [SIZE=3]Arthur Butterworth
                  ...and they used to call Richard Arnell (and also, coincidentally and independently of this, York Bowen) the "English Rachmaninov", as if none of these composers were capable of holding up their own individual heads without a perceived need to portray each in such a manner; I wonder what Sibelius and Rachmaninov would have thought about that?...

Comment

The so-called English Sibelius Arthur Butterworth - Symphony #4. Dutton
                    Prefer that symphony to any by Sibelius (takes cover).

Comment

Prefer that symphony to any by Sibelius (takes cover).
                      Weirdo

Comment

Just listened to Diversions by Sir Lennox Berkeley ON RADIO 3 !!!!!! I kid you not. (not listed on the website but it was played after the evening concert had finished).

Comment

Just listened to Diversions by Sir Lennox Berkeley ON RADIO 3 !!!!!! I kid you not. (not listed on the website but it was played after the evening concert had finished).
                          I have been toying with the idea of playing some Berkeley for a few days now. I particularly ;like his string quartets.

Comment

Exactly the type of music to expect to follow Pergolesi's Stabat mater, isn't it?
                            One of the examples that an interesting piece of music is not mentioned in the pre-published listings

Comment

Robert Saxto born 1953

Comment

Robert Saxton and Ollie Knussen walking along Aldeburgh Beach a few years ago
                                the times you wish you had a camera (Adnams)

Comment

Working...
                                X