Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

McCoy Tyner with Freddie Hubbard, Joe Henderson, Avery Sharpe & Louis Hayes playing 'Inner Glimpse' in Nurnberg, Germany 1986:

- Inner GlimpseMcCoy Tyner - piano Freddie Hubbard - trumpet Joe Henderson - tenor saxophone Avery Sharpe - bass Louis Hayes - drums Jazz Ost-West Festival i...

JR

Comment

Charles Mingus Quintet with Hamiet Bluiett, Joe Gardner, John Foster, Ray Brooks & Cat Anderson(guest star) playing 'Celia' in Berlin, 1972:

Charles Mingus Quintet Live In Berlin 1972Joe Gardner (tp), Hamiet Bluiett (bs,cl), John Foster (p), Charles Mingus (b),Ray Brooks (ds) guest star Cat Anders...

JR

Comment

Originally posted by Jazzrook View Post
        McCoy Tyner with Freddie Hubbard, Joe Henderson, Avery Sharpe & Louis Hayes playing 'Inner Glimpse' in Nurnberg, Germany 1986:

- Inner GlimpseMcCoy Tyner - piano Freddie Hubbard - trumpet Joe Henderson - tenor saxophone Avery Sharpe - bass Louis Hayes - drums Jazz Ost-West Festival i...

JR
        ....Boy Oh Boy....
        bong ching

Comment

An all-start quartet led by Dexter Gordon, courtesy of the Danes:

all words are trains for moving past what really has no name

Comment

Pigged out on some smooth jazz last night with the wife and a couple of bottles of red. Sometimes it is necessary.

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
              I imagine the backdrop contributed significantly to the acoustics in that cloakroom!

Great to have your contributions from the free end of European jazz, Mark.
              Paal Nilsson-Love is pretty celebrated as a drummer and has worked with musicians I admire. Got to say, this trio gives me a real headache, especially the clarinet of Gjerstad. Sorry, Mark, but this is painful on the ears. I could not get through it all but it does seem to underline my impression that the avant garde can sometimes be a bit unlistenable. Normally I am quite happy with this kind of stuff. Unfortunately, this just sounds unpleasant to my ears.

Comment

Carmen Macrae on blinding form with the extraordinary Clarke Boland band from German TV in 1968. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yWZP46Iam8

Comment

Charles Tolliver and Music Inc. with Stanley Cowell, Wayne Dockery & Alvin Queen playing 'Prayer For Peace':

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

JR

Comment

Eric Dolphy with Idrees Sulieman, Rune Owferman, Jimmy Woode & Sture Kallin in Stockholm, September 5, 1961(TV Broadcast):

Eric Dolphy - Flute, Alto Sax, Bass ClarinetIdrees Sulieman, TrumpetRune Owferman, PianoJimmy Woode, BassSture Kallin, Drums1. Left Alone2. Miss Ann3. Serene...

JR

Comment

Miles Davis Quintet with Wayne Shorter, Chick Corea, Dave Holland & Jack DeJohnette live in Antibes, July 25, 1969:

July 25th, 1969 at the Juan-les-Pins Jazz FestMilestones, Footprints, 'Round MidnightMiles Davis - trumpetWayne Shorter - tenor and soprano saxophonesChick C...

JR

Comment

Miles Davis Quintet with Wayne Shorter, Chick Corea, Dave Holland & Jack DeJohnette live in Copenhagen, November 4, 1969:

Miles Davis performing "Bitches Brew" from Live In Copenhagen, 1969Listen to Miles Davis: https://MilesDavis.lnk.to/listenYDSubscribe to the official Miles D...

JR
                        Last edited by Jazzrook; 28-04-20, 17:25.

Comment

Miles Davis Quintet with Wayne Shorter, Chick Corea, Dave Holland & Jack DeJohnette live in Copenhagen, November(?), 1969:

Miles Davis performing "Bitches Brew" from Live In Copenhagen, 1969Listen to Miles Davis: https://MilesDavis.lnk.to/listenYDSubscribe to the official Miles D...

JR
                          Thanks JR - will get around to listening to those, for the first time.

Comment

Listening to that Miles quintet set from Copenhagen (recorded 4 November 1969). Great stuff, the band leaves lots of space for eachother despite the potential for drums and Rhodes piano to dominate.

I had a look at the dates on that tour of Europe during October and November. It started 26 October in Milan, finishing on 9 November in Rotterdam, that last concert being played by Jezz on 3 (I might still have a recording of that somewhere).

Set list here:

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/miles...-33dd24f9.html
                            all words are trains for moving past what really has no name

Comment

Miles Davis Quintet with Wayne Shorter, Chick Corea, Dave Holland & Jack DeJohnette live in Rome, October 27, 1969:

Trumpet – Miles DavisBass, Electric Bass – Dave HollandDrums – Jack DeJohnetteElectric Piano – Chick CoreaTenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone – Wayne Shorter

JR

Comment

Miles Davis Quintet with Wayne Shorter, Chick Corea, Dave Holland & Jack DeJohnette live in Rome, October 27, 1969:

Trumpet – Miles DavisBass, Electric Bass – Dave HollandDrums – Jack DeJohnetteElectric Piano – Chick CoreaTenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone – Wayne Shorter

JR
                                You're making a Corea out of this!

Comment

Working...
                                X