No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cockney Sparrow View Post
    Mrs CS is familiar
    Are you sure that she won't mind us all knowing?

Comment

Tonight (Friday) on France Musique - 5 hours of Ensemble Intercontemporain - to celebrate their 40th.

Comment

Originally posted by Beresford View Post
        Tonight (Friday) on France Musique - 5 hours of Ensemble Intercontemporain - to celebrate their 40th.
        Thanks for the heads-up on this, I’ll tune in for some of it.

I have 5 France Musique on iTunes, is it the contemporary one that will broadcast this?

Comment

i just realised I hadn't listened to Contemporay Classical Radio on Live 365 for ages. It looks as though 365 went off the air for a while, and CCR doesn't seem to have survived.

A quick google for something similar led me to this.

Listen to free classical music online with unlimited skips! Choose from over 30 stations of classical music radio, organized by style, era and composer.

No idea what it is like generally, but worth a listen.
          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Originally posted by muzzer View Post
            Thanks for these - Audiophile sounds great [as one would hope, of course]. My streamer can't load RCO Live but there are plenty more to choose from of course - is Linn Classical on itunes? I am also a fan of Rondo Classic - Klasu.
            Yes, audiophile is still superb, and still at 320! Greatly enjoying the Hickox/LSO London Symphony just now.

Comment

As an alternative to Radio 3's current Saturday afternoon programming, this afternoon have been listening to Radio Klassik Stephansdom (Austria). A symphony by Eichner and viola concerto by Westerhoff along with music by Palmgren, Schaffrath, Lehar, Reznicek and Nielsen. Many of the names were new to me.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG View Post
                As an alternative to Radio 3's current Saturday afternoon programming, this afternoon have been listening to Radio Klassik Stephansdom (Austria). A symphony by Eichner and viola concerto by Westerhoff along with music by Palmgren, Schaffrath, Lehar, Reznicek and Nielsen. Many of the names were new to me.
                I discovered this station recently while on holiday in Austria. One of the first items I heard was a Stamitz symphony played by the Northern Chamber Orchestra conducted by Nicholas Ward, who regularly performs here in Felixstowe in concerts organized by his sister Hattie!

Comment

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
                  I discovered this station recently while on holiday in Austria. One of the first items I heard was a Stamitz symphony played by the Northern Chamber Orchestra conducted by Nicholas Ward, who regularly performs here in Felixstowe in concerts organized by his sister Hattie!
                  Not a lot of people know that - I bet Hattie does a good post concert supper and B&B for Nic!

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                    Not a lot of people know that - I bet Hattie does a good post concert supper and B&B for Nic!
                    Nick's a fine very violinist but also a fervid ManU fan - but then, nobody's perfect!

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG View Post
                      Thanks for the heads up - added this to my favorites.

Comment

Originally posted by cmr_for3 View Post
                        Thanks for the heads up - added this to my favorites.
                        Me too.
                        Holy mass going on at present, though, with a not too wonderful cantor (or whatever he's called!).
                        I'll give it another go later.

(Organ voluntary JSB In dir ist Freude, if I'm not mistaken; maybe mass is over!)

PS: Applause after the voluntary! We get that occasionally in the minster here, too!
                        Last edited by Pulcinella; 12-01-20, 11:50. Reason: PS added!

Comment

And always at St Thomas Fifth Ave NYC.

Comment

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
                            Me too.
                            Holy mass going on at present, though, with a not too wonderful cantor (or whatever he's called!).
                            I'll give it another go later.

(Organ voluntary JSB In dir ist Freude, if I'm not mistaken; maybe mass is over!)

PS: Applause after the voluntary! We get that occasionally in the minster here, too!
                            Your mention of Organ reminded me of this station that I had found recently but not yet listened to. https://www.organlive.com/

Just had a brief listen and seems to provide track info.

Hope someone finds it useful.

Comment

I have taken to listening to the Australian station ABC Classic FM during the day here (so catching their equivalent of 'Through the night'). Not bad at all.
                              They are currently running a Festival of female composers, but, though there are trailers, the whole thing is much less hyped than when R3 do something similar.

Comment

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
                                I have taken to listening to the Australian station ABC Classic FM during the day here (so catching their equivalent of 'Through the night'). Not bad at all.
                                They are currently running a Festival of female composers, but, though there are trailers, the whole thing is much less hyped than when R3 do something similar.

Thanks for the tip - will give it a listen.

Comment

Working...
                                X