No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by visualnickmos View Post
    It most certainly is.

Here, I enjoy France Musique, very much, and occasionlly dip into the Dutch classical music station.
    OK but a lot of of chat.

Comment

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
      https://areena.yle.fi/audio/ohjelmat/yle-klassinen

Try this classical online site to cheer, challenge, educate.
      I like that channel if I just want music without chat. It doesn't cheer, challenge, or educate more than any other of the many available streaming playlist channels.

Comment

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
        https://areena.yle.fi/audio/ohjelmat/yle-klassinen

Try this classical online site to cheer, challenge, educate.

Because...............

does anyone get as fed up as I do by the apparently endless 3rd rate, tediously predictable, undemanding 'Music while you Work' Baroque, or 'don't disturb the horses' Haydn symphonies on R3 as I do? Both regular fillers on the prog.
        Is it available via Alexa? If so how is it pronounced so that it can be requested?

Comment

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
          OK but a lot of of chat.
          The two hour morning show "En Pistes !" Five days a week is really good...very little chat, a round up of new releases for 1.5 hours, then a featured artist for the remaining thirty minutes. I never miss it.

Comment

OK but a lot of of chat.
            Sounds familiar!

Comment

A few posts moved here, being somewhat off topic in the previous location.

Comment

KUSC as mentioned upthread is excellent, if not always ( or indeed very often) cutting edge .

No news, not much in the way of adverts,pretty much just music and a bit of introduction.
                Very refreshing.
                And of course the weather is great, they just don’t go in about it all the time

Welcome to KUSC Los Angeles. Enjoy the beautiful calm and the joyful inspiration of our unique classical music mix and the California spirit of our friendly announcers.
                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Finnish, BUT everything on screen is translated into English.
                  No chat, all music, and a very wide variety of recorded, live, and relayed material that never / rarely gets aired on R3.

Comment

OK but a lot of of chat.
                    Well, I'm finding the chat in FranceMusique.fr very intriguing, and, in the hope of understanding the presenters, I'm digging out my recollections of an 'O' Level, 50 years old, with the invaluable assistance of a diamond teacher, Alexa:: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKYsIsibLeU

Not the same Alexa mentioned by Cloughie, I assume?

Other than that, the Contemporain stream has minimal chat.

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                      Is it available via Alexa? If so how is it pronounced so that it can be requested?

Comment

Try it in Google translate.
                        The radio stn site does have a feedback facility -- they might tell you.

Comment

Entire recent RPO concert at Carnegie Hall.
                          Available here. Britten, Elgar and Holst.
                          Tune in on Thursday, August 18th at 9pm to hear the encore of the Royal Philharmonic Orchestra for its first Carnegie Hall performance in 25 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Quarky View Post
                            Well, I'm finding the chat in FranceMusique.fr very intriguing, and, in the hope of understanding the presenters, I'm digging out my recollections of an 'O' Level, 50 years old, with the invaluable assistance of a diamond teacher, Alexa:: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKYsIsibLeU

Not the same Alexa mentioned by Cloughie, I assume?

Other than that, the Contemporain stream has minimal chat.
                            I taught modern languages, mainly German, but my French is reasonably good but I tend to go to these stations when seeking music without chat, whether it be intriguing or Gallic waffle, which it sometimes is.

Comment

It is useful when the classical streaming stations supply scrolling details re current work playing and performers. This saves going to their website to check. Some of my favourites do not do so - Finnish YLE, France Musique, RAI Classica. Other favourites which do provide this info are Bru Zane, BR Klassik, MDR Klassik, Venice Classic Radio

Comment

I taught modern languages, mainly German, but my French is reasonably good but I tend to go to these stations when seeki.g music without chat, whether it be intriguing or Gallic waffle, which it sometimes is.
                                Yes you're probably right Gurnemanz, but I'm currently being sidelined by the issue of getting conversational French in my head, that is thinking in French. It's an interesting project, but there's a huge mountain to climb, before one can think of becoming fluent in French.
                                Last edited by Quarky; 13-02-22, 16:27.

Comment

Working...
                                X