This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Leinster Lass View Post
    Dusty (and co) are involved, as is Buffalo!
    So with Buffalo Springfield and the Springfields we have 2 out of 3 ...... ?????

Comment

Originally posted by antongould View Post
      So with Buffalo Springfield and the Springfields we have 2 out of 3 ...... ?????
      Is the other connected with the Simpsons and Frazier.

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
        Is the other connected with the Simpsons and Frazier.
        To date:
        The Springfields (Imaginary Island = Island of Dreams)
        Buffalo Springfield (Buffalo Philharmonic)
        The third group was formed in the real city where the fictional Dr Crane dispensed advice on the equally fictional radio station KACL 780.
        The Simpsons are not involved.

Comment

To date:
          The Springfields (Imaginary Island = Island of Dreams)
          Buffalo Springfield (Buffalo Philharmonic)
          The third group was formed in the real city where the fictional Dr Crane dispensed advice on the equally fictional radio station KACL 780.
          The Simpsons are not involved.
          Springfield Rifle?

Comment

Originally posted by subcontrabass View Post
            Springfield Rifle?
            Yes - a rock group formed in 1966 in Seattle , which is where 'Frasier' and KACL 780 are set and the home of the Seahawks football team. I would think anton should be asked to serve T - unless this game is seasonally time-limited?

Comment

Yes - a rock group formed in 1966 in Seattle , which is where 'Frasier' and KACL 780 are set and the home of the Seahawks football team. I would think anton should be asked to serve T - unless this game is seasonally time-limited?
              I will at some point serve up a T .... the game is not time-limited .... but tends to go into hibernation about now, usually with a question outstanding which anyone who feels the urge can pick up at any time. May I thank all our new players for making it, IMVVHO, an excellent AA festive season ....

Comment

Are you a big fan and what do they sound like?

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
                  Are you a big fan and what do they sound like?
                  I'd never even heard of them before I set about compiling the question - maybe I'll give them a listen, in which case I'll be sure to report back!

Comment

I'd never even heard of them before I set about compiling the question - maybe I'll give them a listen, in which case I'll be sure to report back!
                    There’s an album of their’s on Spotify - I would say sound of the Association/Ms & Ps/5th Dimension/Spanky and Our Gang. American mid-late 60s, not unpleasant but not outstanding.

Comment

A T to hopefully link

Alkan
                      Kapustin and
                      Yon

Comment

A T to hopefully link

Alkan
                        Kapustin and
                        Yon
                        Looks to me that Toccatina might be a possibility.

Comment

Looks to me that Toccatina might be a possibility.

More than a possibility subs ..... care to flesh it out and guess which 2 have been played on R3 this year ..... ?????

Comment

More than a possibility subs ..... care to flesh it out and guess which 2 have been played on R3 this year ..... ?????
                            All three composed a work entitled "Toccatina":

Charles-Valentin Alkan: Toccatina Op 75 for Piano;
                            Nikolaj Girshevich Kapustin wrote two, both for Piano: Op 36 and Op 40 No 3;
                            Pietro Yon: Toccatina for Flutes for organ

Comment

Excellent indeed ...... as edge would guess the Alkan wasn’t played .....

As so often we look to U

Comment

A favourite of Noel Rawsthorne at Liverpool, and recorded by his pupil/successor, Ian Tracey.
                                Organ Recital. Warner Classics: 3822282. Buy download online. Ian Tracey at the organ of Liverpool Cathedral

You might not think that it would work in such a big acoustic, but it does.

Comment

Working...
                                X