Don’t cry for me
    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• LMcD
      • Sep 2017

Originally posted by BBMmk2 View Post
      Where’s our summer gone.
      'It's behind you!'. No sunshine for us today until last thing, it would appear. I've joined those who go to yr.no.en for a more accurate forecast.

Comment

• DracoM
        Host
        • Mar 2007

Well, it's up here - two days running with near prefect Summer weather!!

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
          • Dec 2010

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
          Well, it's up here - two days running with near prefect Summer weather!!
          The lady from over the road said to us just now, "What a miserable summer! You'd never believe it's July... tomorrow, is it, the first?" "Well I hope so", I said, "'cos the new Radio Times starts on Saturday, and it says it's the 3rd!"

Comment

• BBMmk2
            Late Member
            • Nov 2010

Hoping for a good day today!
            Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• oddoneout
              • Nov 2015

Hoping for a good day today!
              We can always hope - if not the weather then something else perhaps to lift the day?
              Here it is chilly and grey - but likely to stay dry which I will have to regard as a good thing for now. Although some rain would be useful, coming with the cold it has the potential to cause more problems than not for my tender garden plants, especially tomatoes.
              The high pollen count isn't welcome but that's not a new problem.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                • Dec 2010

Apparently the town in Canada experiencing the highest temperatures in that country's history burned down yesterday! Awaiting further reportage on this.

To my surprise, June temperatures here were 2.8 degrees above normal - a reflection of the warm early part of the month, together with nightime temperatures pretty consistently above what one would expect. Meanwhile, everything points to a very peasant day, with temperatures actually a tad above early July norms.

Yesterday I visited my local surgery and had my arm squeezed. The machine voice instructs not to withdraw the arm until the pressure releases, but this would have been impossible to do in any case without bringing the whole machine down on top of one! They now have a roped off gap separating patients from the reception counter, so I made the two receptionists laugh by making an absurdly exaggerated gesture reaching the ticket across the gap. This morning, first thing, I had may annual blood sugar level tests done down at the new Tessa Jowell Centre in E Dulwich.

Comment

• DracoM
                  Host
                  • Mar 2007

Another FANTASTIC day up here!

Comment

• Petrushka
                    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
                    Another FANTASTIC day up here!
                    The morning haze is slowly clearing and we look to be set for a fine afternoon. Not really up to July standard but very welcome after the dismal stuff we've been having.
                    "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• oddoneout
                      • Nov 2015

Well today's offering was a bit of a surprise. When I checked last night to decide what I would need for work it was due to be same old - grey and chilly. The house was cool in the morning and it was overcast outside so it wasn't until I went out to put things in the car that I realised it was warmer than I was expecting. A quick check had sunshine, and temps due to be low 20s rather than the 16 or 17 I had planned for. It did indeed get warm - 23 my car said when I came home at 3-30.
                      Tomorrow looks as if it could be interesting - I shall need to be flexible about when I go to town for errands I think.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                        Late Member
                        • Nov 2010

Pretty good day, down here, today!
                        Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Petrushka
                          • Nov 2010

Pretty good day, down here, today!
                          It has been here too until now...it's gone very dark indeed and looks like rain!
                          "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• BBMmk2
                            Late Member
                            • Nov 2010

I think we may escape the showers.
                            Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• oddoneout
                              • Nov 2015

Muggy and murky sums things up at the moment. On the plus side it isn't cold and the amount and severity of the rain has been knocked back greatly from last night's predictions - I think it's coming more slowly than at first thought? Waterproof will be worn for trip to town but with luck won't be used in anger - just to avoid occasional drizzle, and the drips from buildings and trees as it rained a bit during the night.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                                • Dec 2010

Raining quite heavily here now - just went out in search for my main keys, thinking I may have dropped them while out dead-heading roses yesterday afternoon, but it turned out they'd gone down the side of the sofa!

( mental note to self to put things back where they can always be found!)

Tomorrow's visit to Kings College Hospital to a friend in for observation with a serious heart problem looks fraught with difficulties, with showers and heavy thunderstorms forecast for all day. Next week looks dodgy weatherwise too - this seems to be turning into one of those poor summers of times past.

Comment

Working...
                                X