Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think we will be having that yellow thing today……sssshhh…..
    Don’t cry for me
    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph K View Post
      Eczema has returned to my knuckles, as though it were September!
      Sorry to hear this. MrsBBM has this affliction as well. Can be damned awful.
      Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Originally posted by Joseph K View Post
        Eczema has returned to my knuckles, as though it were September!
        Mine too Joseph K! Not as badly in my case, thankfully.

Lovely sunny morning, if a little on the cold side after temps fell to 9 C last night. Temperature's now up to 17 C - we might even get a 20 C this afternoon, the average for late June in the S London 'burbs, though I now note strato-cumulus and fair weather cumulus starting to spread in from the north, a possible sign of infill spoiling an otherwise settled afternoon.

Comment

The weekend situation is still far from clear-cut. It's a cliché that nature abhors a vacuum, but the persisting snagged régime, in which the Azores High constantly appears about to ridge up across the UK but does not do so, looks set to allow a shallow low to the north-west to sneak south across the entire country, taking its time, giving much of the country varying amounts of rainfall, with the possibility of thunderstorms over the Midlands and South, lasting through from Friday to Monday, before the whole shebang re-locates over northern France, but with the South-East remaining to close for comfort next week. We'll see - watch this space!

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
            The weekend situation is still far from clear-cut.
            Clear-cut for me. Sunday 27th is my birthday and it is always sunny.

Comment

Sunshine all day and light winds made it quite warm by lunchtime, and it continues pleasant. Overnight temperatures down to low single digits(min 4) aren't so clever...

Comment

Grey, cool, showers. 13C
                Now, WHITEOUT - rain teeming down - fells virtually invisible!
                Last edited by DracoM; 23-06-21, 20:41.

Comment

Another good one, down here, I think, today!
                  Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Fells in virtual whiteout!! Temp c 14C. Drizzly ....sort of dreich.
                    AND......................
                    NOW......... total whiteout, and deep, deep dreich .......temp now 9C!!!!

This is JUNE?
                    Last edited by DracoM; 24-06-21, 20:04.

Comment

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
                      Fells in virtual whiteout!! Temp c 14C. Drizzly ....sort of dreich.
                      We might get some of that murk during the night, and some rain is possible later on today, but for now although overcast it is dry and pleasantly warm.

Comment

Only 16C but quite muggy in milky sunshine on my bike just now going for some long overdue dental treatment.

Comment

Once today's and tomorrow's rain clears, it would probably be best to be north of Birmingham over the weekend and into the first part of next week.

Comment

15C with showers, according to our Alexa. Summer, wherefore art thou?
                            Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
                              Once today's and tomorrow's rain clears, it would probably be best to be north of Birmingham over the weekend and into the first part of next week.
                              Some rain overnight but the rainy day predicted last night for today looks like not materialising. 17C already and quite pleasant with patchy sunshine.

Comment

Originally posted by gurnemanz View Post
                                Some rain overnight but the rainy day predicted last night for today looks like not materialising. 17C already and quite pleasant with patchy sunshine.
                                Similar here although the sunshine is proving elusive - the forecast suggests it might happen later on.
                                This year's June has been rather extreme (seems to be the pattern for this year in general so far) but I have to say in this neck of the woods it has for a great many years been a fickle month, with "flaming June" being an ironic/annoyed term rather than complimentary. Cool and wet has often featured.

Comment

Working...
                                X