Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stormy Weather II

Here's the new place where fellow meteorological enthusiasts no longer need wait for the sun to come out in order to post.

Many thanks, SA! Solve problems here!

Lovely day yesterday. My 61st birthday was celebrated by going to the Thatch Inn at East Sussex. My favourite foody place! Very nice pub grub! Rather windy, but sunny. Thank goodness! Cheers everyone!
    Don’t cry for me
    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

HURRAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

And cheers to you, too, Bbm - and, indeed, all other Forumistas whose 61st Birthday it was yesterday Hope the weather was as lovely for you as it was here - sadly the warmth and sunshine was just a temporary reprieve; back to the drizzerable stuff today in this bit of the Pennines
        [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
          And cheers to you, too, Bbm - and, indeed, all other Forumistas whose 61st Birthday it was yesterday Hope the weather was as lovely for you as it was here - sadly the warmth and sunshine was just a temporary reprieve; back to the drizzerable stuff today in this bit of the Pennines
          Damper than a drizzle here ..... many happy returns for yesterday bbm ........

Comment

Originally posted by antongould View Post
            Damper than a drizzle here ..... many happy returns for yesterday bbm ........
            Snap!

Comment

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
              Many thanks, SA! Solve problems here!

Lovely day yesterday. My 61st birthday was celebrated by going to the Thatch Inn at East Sussex. My favourite foody place! Very nice pub grub! Rather windy, but sunny. Thank goodness! Cheers everyone!
              PLeased to hear you enjoyed your 61 years young birthday, Bbm. By odd coincidence, I shall be lunching at a pub called the Thatcher's Arms tomorrow. No relation!!! It will involve a 5 mile cycle from one of the nethermost tube stations on my senior's railcard, and the weather doesn't look too promising. Shame the rendez-vous couldn't have waited until mid-week next week, when it promises to be pleasant and quite warm once more.
              Last edited by Serial_Apologist; 10-06-17, 11:05.

Comment

Shovelling it down oop 'ere a.m., driven by serious wind, and COLD. Garden taking a real bashing.
                June? Huh.

'Rain in NW' on BBC forecasts passing through northwards, yes, but high winds, early March temps, and a good part of the last 72 hours it has been more or less non-stop same.

Comment

Looks like the worst of it should pass over soon, Dracs.

Its glorious here, warm, sunny,bit breezy.

Mrs TS's exterior varnish is drying a treat......
                  I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
                    Snap!
                    Indeed, a good standby when rain stops play......
                    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

Comment

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                      Mrs TS's exterior varnish is drying a treat......
                      I didn't know she used hairspray, ts!

Comment

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post
                        I didn't know she used hairspray, ts!
                        Only on a big night out, Pulcers !!

Anyway , word of warning, exterior varnish in a spray can appears to be useless. Avoid . Fortunately a relatively inexpensive mistake.

Comment

Lovely day today! Plus a good jamming session this morning and friends round this evening for a few beers and a curry!
                          Don’t cry for me
                          I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
                            Lovely day today! Plus a good jamming session this morning and friends round this evening for a few beers and a curry!
                            Pretty stifling in the Whitgift shopping mall this lunchtime - can't avoid thinking it must be a considerable cost having air conditioning on to counter the effects of solar heating on all that overhead glass. They clearly didn't think of that back in the 1980s when planning the place with the idea of using natural light.

Comment

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                              Looks like the worst of it should pass over soon, Dracs.

Its glorious here, warm, sunny,bit breezy.

We.e.ell.............sort of moved off by 4.30 p.m. Feels like a world entirely composed of different densities of water. Dreech and yuk.

Comment

Working...
                              X