Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
    Snowing overnight here in the Pennines: about two inches of lovely, crunchy-underfoot stuff this morning, and still gently falling. Heart-warming to look at, but I'm very glad I don't have to go out in it!
    I love driving on the pennis, especially well, going over then downhill! Is it still two chevrons apart?
    Don’t cry for me
    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
      I love driving on the pennis, especially well, going over then downhill! Is it still two chevrons apart?
      I ... I ... couldn't possibly comment, Bbm ...
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
        I ... I ... couldn't possibly comment, Bbm ...
        Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Not as much reportage of this morning's extraordinary weather events in S Wales, Cornwall and Devon; or the New Forest, where a possible tornado is under investigation, as the snowfall that has affected Yorks and Lancs.

Comment

Then heavy rain, and ominously, skies just beginning to clear a bit - if this lot freezes................phew!

Comment

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
              BBM, I can only think that you must use the steering wil....oh never mind....

Anyway, whats all this about a tornado in the Forest?
              despite the poor forecast, its not been a bad day down here. Bright, breezy and cool.
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post

Anyway, whats all this about a tornado in the Forest?
                despite the poor forecast, its not been a bad day down here. Bright, breezy and cool.
                What else could I do? Well I've had one cataract operation, I clearly do need the other one done. (That was the worst one as well!)
                Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
                  Then heavy rain, and ominously, skies just beginning to clear a bit - if this lot freezes................phew!
                  Yes - by 5:00 this afternoon, the "lovely ... crunchy underfoot" snow from this morning had been turned by drizzle into slush. If that freezes overnight, I'm staying indoors all day tomorrow.
                  [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                    "Doctor, I keep dreaming that my ahem manhood has turned into a steering wheel, and it's driving me nuts!"

Before I get my coat: yesterday I left Swansea at 6.30 am and drove down the M4 to Heathrow, and though the temperature was hovering around -1º until the sun came up there was no snow, except a bit on the ground here and there, and all flights seemed to be running normally. In the previous couple of days I'd been quite frightened by all the apocalyptic weather warnings, and left an hour earlier than I'd been intending to, but there was no indication anywhere on my route that anything unusual had been happening. Was I in a parallel universe or something?

Comment

Odd? Keep seeing newspapers with many snowy shots all over ...........? Hmm.

Comment

Come south! Not bad here, a bit cold but it's winter!
                        Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Well......a surprise = solid mists shrouding the fells completely from bottom upwards, finest fine rain, temps decently above freezing, winds NNW-ish but with that rain in the air, feels like a typical ambush for the unwarily clad.

Comment

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
                            Well......a surprise = solid mists shrouding the fells completely from bottom upwards, finest fine rain, temps decently above freezing, winds NNW-ish but with that rain in the air, feels like a typical ambush for the unwarily clad.
                            Ah yes, The Fells! Reminds me of a great work for brass band by John MacCabe, Cloudcatcher Fells. A rather hauning but with a rather rugged outlook.
                            Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Well, as I write, a fantastic and ferocious rain storm has swept in from SW, whited out the fells completely, a kind of darkness visible. Crikey! Can hear the rain lashing the roof!

Comment

Since 6 am until an hour ago we were visited by Storm Dylan ( so called because 'The answer, my friend. is...') which brought 60 mph gusts. It has now died down very quickly so the Hogmanay fireworks will be going off as usual.
                                Barbatus sed non barbarus

Comment

Working...
                                X