• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BBMmk2
    Late Member
    • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
    Snowing overnight here in the Pennines: about two inches of lovely, crunchy-underfoot stuff this morning, and still gently falling. Heart-warming to look at, but I'm very glad I don't have to go out in it!
    I love driving on the pennis, especially well, going over then downhill! Is it still two chevrons apart?
    Don’t cry for me
    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
      Gone fishin'
      • Sep 2011

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
      I love driving on the pennis, especially well, going over then downhill! Is it still two chevrons apart?
      I ... I ... couldn't possibly comment, Bbm ...
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• BBMmk2
        Late Member
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
        I ... I ... couldn't possibly comment, Bbm ...
        Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
          • Dec 2010

Not as much reportage of this morning's extraordinary weather events in S Wales, Cornwall and Devon; or the New Forest, where a possible tornado is under investigation, as the snowfall that has affected Yorks and Lancs.

Comment

• DracoM
            Host
            • Mar 2007

Then heavy rain, and ominously, skies just beginning to clear a bit - if this lot freezes................phew!

Comment

• teamsaint
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
              BBM, I can only think that you must use the steering wil....oh never mind....

Anyway, whats all this about a tornado in the Forest?
              despite the poor forecast, its not been a bad day down here. Bright, breezy and cool.
              I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                Late Member
                • Nov 2010

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post

Anyway, whats all this about a tornado in the Forest?
                despite the poor forecast, its not been a bad day down here. Bright, breezy and cool.
                What else could I do? Well I've had one cataract operation, I clearly do need the other one done. (That was the worst one as well!)
                Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• ferneyhoughgeliebte
                  Gone fishin'
                  • Sep 2011

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
                  Then heavy rain, and ominously, skies just beginning to clear a bit - if this lot freezes................phew!
                  Yes - by 5:00 this afternoon, the "lovely ... crunchy underfoot" snow from this morning had been turned by drizzle into slush. If that freezes overnight, I'm staying indoors all day tomorrow.
                  [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

• Richard Barrett
                    • Jan 2016

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                    "Doctor, I keep dreaming that my ahem manhood has turned into a steering wheel, and it's driving me nuts!"

Before I get my coat: yesterday I left Swansea at 6.30 am and drove down the M4 to Heathrow, and though the temperature was hovering around -1º until the sun came up there was no snow, except a bit on the ground here and there, and all flights seemed to be running normally. In the previous couple of days I'd been quite frightened by all the apocalyptic weather warnings, and left an hour earlier than I'd been intending to, but there was no indication anywhere on my route that anything unusual had been happening. Was I in a parallel universe or something?

Comment

• DracoM
                      Host
                      • Mar 2007

Odd? Keep seeing newspapers with many snowy shots all over ...........? Hmm.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                        Late Member
                        • Nov 2010

Come south! Not bad here, a bit cold but it's winter!
                        Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• DracoM
                          Host
                          • Mar 2007

Well......a surprise = solid mists shrouding the fells completely from bottom upwards, finest fine rain, temps decently above freezing, winds NNW-ish but with that rain in the air, feels like a typical ambush for the unwarily clad.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                            Late Member
                            • Nov 2010

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
                            Well......a surprise = solid mists shrouding the fells completely from bottom upwards, finest fine rain, temps decently above freezing, winds NNW-ish but with that rain in the air, feels like a typical ambush for the unwarily clad.
                            Ah yes, The Fells! Reminds me of a great work for brass band by John MacCabe, Cloudcatcher Fells. A rather hauning but with a rather rugged outlook.
                            Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• DracoM
                              Host
                              • Mar 2007

Well, as I write, a fantastic and ferocious rain storm has swept in from SW, whited out the fells completely, a kind of darkness visible. Crikey! Can hear the rain lashing the roof!

Comment

• un barbu
                                • Jun 2017

Since 6 am until an hour ago we were visited by Storm Dylan ( so called because 'The answer, my friend. is...') which brought 60 mph gusts. It has now died down very quickly so the Hogmanay fireworks will be going off as usual.
                                Barbatus sed non barbarus

Comment

Working...
                                X