Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
    Anyway I would caution Caliban about his intentions for tomorrow, unless he doesn't mind taking waterproofs and then sweltering under them, should my expectations of more storms be realised.

Happily I'm not out tomorrow - it's Friday which all sites seem to agree should be dry, including https://www.yr.no which as mentioned above is more reliable than most of the UK sites.

Yes tomorrow looks a stinker (again, unanimous agreement on this) so am planning not to stir!
    "...the isle is full of noises,
    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post

Happily I'm not out tomorrow - it's Friday which all sites seem to agree should be dry, including https://www.yr.no which as mentioned above is more reliable than most of the UK sites.

Yes tomorrow looks a stinker (again, unanimous agreement on this) so am planning not to stir!

We were actually offered differing models for tomorrow's rain distribution on today's lunchtime BBC forecast, with one model showing the storm belt straddling the south coast and the other one having it across the Midlands and Wales. So the good ole BBC took a middle path and said the rain could happen just about anywhere!

Comment

Ominous here and trying very hard to rain. Sultry.

Comment

The rain returns again!

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
            The rain returns again!
            Here to, Cloughie! We are to have donner und blitzen too!
            Don’t cry for me
            I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post

it's Friday which all sites seem to agree should be dry, including https://www.yr.no which as mentioned above is more reliable than most of the UK sites.
              Hm MetOffice and yr.no still saying dry for Friday - but BBC Weather now saying rainy all afternoon. Hope they're wrong!

Comment

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
                Here to, Cloughie! We are to have donner und blitzen too!
                Preceded by donner und kebab?

Comment

Preceded by donner und kebab?
                  Jawohl, mein freude!

Well the donner und blitzen came this afternoon(just now), the heaven opened up too, like really heavy!
                  Don’t cry for me
                  I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
                    Jawohl, mein freude!

Well the donner und blitzen came this afternoon(just now), the heaven opened up too, like really heavy!
                    Yes I saw the spheric over your area on the appropriately-named Blitzordnung lightning maps site, Bbm. That storm seemed to fizzle out by the time it arrived here as just a light shower, but it still feels very heavy outdoors, so all may not be over just yet. Officially the prediction is for the stormy weather to move north affecting the NW and Scotland, particularly from tomorrow on, while leaving the odd shower behind. It's expected to stay on the warm but not too warm side, too.

Comment

We keep getting louring, threatening skies, sultry, sulking air up here, constant distant grumblings and yumblings of thunder, but...but... but it just will NOT break and rain.
                      Phew!
                      Last edited by DracoM; 31-05-18, 19:31.

Comment

According to LightningMaps.org the storm is currently advancing on Birmingham so expect it here around an hour from now. Could be in for a lively night.
                        "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
                          According to LightningMaps.org the storm is currently advancing on Birmingham so expect it here around an hour from now. Could be in for a lively night.
                          Amazing how accurately the Met positioned the shortwave trough last night exactly where the storms are now taking place, in a curved line north and northwest of Oxford. A couple of solitary spherics further east, around Nottingham and Lincoln. For once I am at a loss as to how it's going to turn out tomorrow!

Comment

The aquilegias are just about standing after these recent days but the dianthus has given up the ghost and I am very alarmed about my gerbera.

Does anyone know what the hell the ten o'clock news was playing at by giving a big lead in on Jupiter and then proceeding to talk exclusively about Pluto?

Or was it my imagination which normally does better such as confusing in semi-sleep the sound of foxes with Noah's ark?

Comment

For once I am at a loss as to how it's going to turn out tomorrow!
                              No sartorial suggestions for my afternoon out on the cycle, then - from about 1.30pm to 7pm...?

Comment

Lycra or hankies, your guess is as good as anyone’s...

Comment

Working...
                                X