Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brassbandmaestro View Post
    Another hotty I should have said, As quite a few people know, I am waiting for cateracts to be operated on. So I hope Forum Members will be more understanding. I have reset my PC settings. I@m trying out something called "lens setting".
    That's no good unless you happen to be Len!!!

Getting quite hot in London, tempered by a gentle south-easterly.

A big community effort currently underway to try and assist the poor souls burned out of their flats, in a part of London I'm not unfamiliar with, having myself been born at St Mary's, where some of the injured have been taken - as indeed they were after the Borough massacre last week. I can see the smoke from where I am. Can't imagine how everyone involved manages to cope - I raise my hat to them all: survivors, firefighters, ambulance and hospital staff, police, charities, mosques, temples, locals offering and doing what they can to help.

Comment

Certainly is amazing how people come together as a community, no matter their background.

Another hot day today. Going to reach 30C, I believe, on Sunday.
      Don’t cry for me
      I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Quite a lot of cloud about, but still very warm.

Several tower blocks here have been refurbished in the same way as the North Kensington inferno...I hope the report which has been suppressed is available soon. Fire safety must be paramount, regardless of cost.

Comment

Certainly is amazing how people come together as a community, no matter their background.

Another hot day today. Going to reach 30C, I believe, on Sunday.
          So they say, Bbm!

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post
            So they say, Bbm!
            And right on cue The Daily Express says we are going to get 'up to' 30c temps for the next three months ...

More suitable for the joke thread, possibly.

Comment

Originally posted by P. G. Tipps View Post
              And right on cue The Daily Express says we are going to get 'up to' 30c temps for the next three months ...

More suitable for the joke thread, possibly.
              Not really, because in that case it means I can't really call them the Daily Depress anymore!

Comment

A mostly sunny day here but ruined by a pulverising wind that has kept temperatures down. Forecasters will no doubt call it a 'stiff breeze' but it seemed much more like a gale. Very hard to walk against it when it was a head wind.

Let's hope they have it right for the weekend but pity the poor guardsmen on duty at Trooping the Colour on Saturday in the predicted temperatures
                "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

Indeed SA! It'll certainly be another hot one today. We have that London to Brighton Bike Ride this Sunday! Gawd!
                  Going to be around 30C at least!
                  Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Just a reminder to get the fan out from behind wherever it has been lurking...or just create a through draught by some other means. Oldies need air.

Comment

Originally posted by greenilex View Post
                      Just a reminder to get the fan out from behind wherever it has been lurking...or just create a through draught by some other means. Oldies need air.
                      I'm no good with hot weather either - never have been. My solution is to open all windows at night prior to the onset of any heatwave, then keep them shut during the hot days, along with the curtains. There are some disadvantages, especially if one lives in a mosquito-prone district, as I do; and inevitably interior temperatures will catch up the longer any hot weather continues. In this particular instance, temperatures everywhere should return to reasonably warm again next Tuesday.

Comment

74C already! Gawd!
                        Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

74C already! Gawd!
                          Blimey.

Its only about 70F here.......

Good old Sussex by the Sea........
                          Last edited by teamsaint; 17-06-17, 09:16.
                          I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

27 degs Celsius here right now - 82 Fahrenheit in the old money - stifling with barely a breath of wind, and predicted to get a lot higher over the next couple of days . Glad I visited the Crystal Palace Festival, held in the park, this morning, rather than now. Doled out lots of money on historical and illustrative books on this district, when really I could have spent the same amount on a new cotton bedspread going for £30 - not that much!

Comment

Yep, oop 'ere, heat wave and cloudless. Fantastic. Swallows outside on fire escape loving it!!

Comment

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
                                Blimey.

Its only about 70F here.......

Good old Sussex by the Sea........
                                Should have said 74F! Gawd!

Another hotty today, most likely exceed 30C!
                                Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

Working...
                                X