X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • oddoneout
    • Nov 2015

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
    QE2's funeral maybe, but the roads up on to the moors round here still grilling and roaring with pretty well non-stop trails of BIKERS at good speed! Dry now, but chilly and grey with low clouds in misty, drawn-out flicks and flacks over the fells.
    Perhaps thinking that if most are staying at home glued to the telly then they will have the roads to themselves? Rather thoughtless/selfish though.

Comment

• cloughie
      • Dec 2011

Pleasant day for very late summer. Following my comments on another thread I’ll now stick to talking about the weather … or maybe not even that!

Comment

• Eine Alpensinfonie
        Host
        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
        QE2's funeral maybe, but the roads up on to the moors round here still grilling and roaring with pretty well non-stop trails of BIKERS at good speed! Dry now, but chilly and grey with low clouds in misty, drawn-out flicks and flacks over the fells.
        Not unpleasant though. Cool but mostly dry. Did the Kentmere Round (8 summits) yesterday, so today’s a good opportunity to recover.

Comment

• Petrushka
          • Nov 2010

Getting cooler by the day. Wondering how long I can go before I give in and put the heating on. Currently at 20 degrees indoors but 14 degrees outside..
          "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• Bryn
            Banned
            • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post
            Getting cooler by the day. Wondering how long I can go before I give in and put the heating on. Currently at 20 degrees indoors but 14 degrees outside..
            So still pretty warm, eh? 18° both inside and out, here. No heating on, of course. Oh, and I am only wearing a single layer of clothing, yet I'm still feeling entirely comfortable with the situation.

Comment

• BBMmk2
              Late Member
              • Nov 2010

A rather mild day today.
              Don’t cry for me
              I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• oddoneout
                • Nov 2015

Originally posted by Bryn View Post
                So still pretty warm, eh? 18° both inside and out, here. No heating on, of course. Oh, and I am only wearing a single layer of clothing, yet I'm still feeling entirely comfortable with the situation.
                We all run at different temperatures. My mother was one of those who rarely felt cold, whereas I was a chilly child with a tendency for hands and feet to go white, "dead", and painful, not helpful on the family's out of season camping holidays! As an adult things improved, but in recent years health issues have interfered, with damp cold being a particular bugbear, although fortunately I'm not at the stage yet of needing to be very warm, and in fact often find other people's spaces too warm for comfort. That may be partly because I try and avoid long spells of sitting still, which I know do tend to distort one's perception of what constitutes warm.
                It feels less cold today as the wind has dropped right down, but it was cold overnight. The big change in conditions has been highlighted by having builders working on next door's house. It's not so long ago that when they were on site where I work we were concerned about one in particular risking heatstroke as he was out in the sun for several hours - I kept filling his water bottle and we all kept an eye on him. He is now in hoodie and jeans not shorts and we were joking a while ago about needing hot drinks rather than water this time while he's up on the platform exposed to the elements.

Comment

• Joseph K
                  Banned
                  • Oct 2017

Bit warmer today and like yesterday very still. Pleasant walking conditions.

Comment

• gurnemanz
                    • Nov 2010

This is the time of year when the house can get cooler at night but no heating is needed since the autumn sun is still strong enough to raise the daytime temperature, especially in south-facing rooms. Even in our north facing living room the temp has moved up from 20 to 21 degrees.

Comment

• Petrushka
                      • Nov 2010

Originally posted by oddoneout View Post
                      We all run at different temperatures.
                      We do and even a slight fall in temperature will be enough to have my fingers turning white until I get acclimatised to the new coolness. My mother used to get this quite badly (Reynaud's Disease?) and I seem to take after her in this respect, if not as badly. It is most marked at this time of year as the season changes from summer warmth to autumn chill.
                      "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

• Joseph K
                        Banned
                        • Oct 2017

Yet another pleasant day - still, mild and with some sun.

Comment

• BBMmk2
                          Late Member
                          • Nov 2010

Cloudy, all day today.
                          Don’t cry for me
                          I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• DracoM
                            Host
                            • Mar 2007

Cold, wet and dreech.

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                              • Dec 2010

Everyone brace yourselves for some quite cold temperatures during the first half of next week - we're talking normal average maxima for March or late October! Unless things warm up subsequently, this will be my last week of 2022 on my summer diet of salads!

Comment

• DracoM
                                Host
                                • Mar 2007

Non-stop and accelerating rain.

Comment

Working...
                                X