X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BBMmk2
    Late Member
    • Nov 2010

Oh what a day yesterday was! I think today will be similar! This spate of bad weather happened all of a sudden?
    Don’t cry for me
    I go where music was born

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• DracoM
      Host
      • Mar 2007

Driving west/north-westerlies, shovelling it down here.

Comment

• BBMmk2
        Late Member
        • Nov 2010

Tell you what, on Facebook yesterday, MrsBBM mentioned to me that three years ago, we were walking around the gardens of a National Trust property, and we were in shirt sleeves!

Look at the weather this autumn! Couldn’t be more different. Climate change on the rise.

Look at the Artic! And elsewhere!
        Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• oddoneout
          • Nov 2015

A 'butter wouldn't melt' morning - sunshine and clear blue sky - as if yesterday(repeated cloudbursts) hadn't happened. It's quite breezy but I haven't been out to check temperatures yet. It looks a if I need to get out this morning for errands to get the best of it as afternoon cloud and rain are forecast; the washing will be ready to hang out shortly to make the most of the drying potential.

Comment

• DracoM
            Host
            • Mar 2007

Lovely start, BUT ominous stuff over southern tops. Look north, and it's as fine an Autumn day as you could hope for. Look t'other way, and you're already planning for flood!

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
              • Dec 2010

Originally posted by DracoM View Post
              Lovely start, BUT ominous stuff over southern tops. Look north, and it's as fine an Autumn day as you could hope for. Look t'other way, and you're already planning for flood!
              Mid-level pre-frontal cloud now spreading over on what ha been a pleasant and quite warm morning - just as well for my dear neighbours, who are moving out and will be much missed - one having been the chair of the residents's association for the past 8 years. Later it is expected to turn wet again, that rain lasting for most of tomorrow, after which it will become considerably cooler for two days - real goosbumps conditions if exiting short sleeved enshirted - before the remanats of Hurrican Lorenzo - the strongest on record for the mid N. Atlantic - roll up on our SW shores on Friday in whatever state they're in, which is difficult to calculate without an precedents to go on.

Comment

• cloughie
                • Dec 2011

A drab mizzly wet you stuff unpleasant day here!

Comment

• BBMmk2
                  Late Member
                  • Nov 2010

Still a mixed bag!
                  Don’t cry for me

J S Bach 1685-1750

Comment

• LeMartinPecheur
                    • Apr 2007

Thrashing it down in Cornwall, just when I need to mend the greenhouse
                    I keep hitting the Escape key, but I'm still here!

Comment

• DracoM
                      Host
                      • Mar 2007

Steady rain, but HUGE wind. Clouds massing.
                      Doesn't look like a day for the fells!!

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                        • Dec 2010

20 minutes' worth of heavy rain turned streets into cataracts just before midday here; now it's nearly calm, air feels like after a bathroom just after someone's just taken a shower, which is most unusual for October. This ain't over yet - thunderstorm-type clouds are massing up all around.

Comment

• gurnemanz
                          • Nov 2010

I waited for the heavy rain to stop before cycling into town for haircut and newspaper. Very pleasant sunshine and I soon discarded the pullover I had overcautiously put on.

Comment

• oddoneout
                            • Nov 2015

Unexpectedly mild here this morning as well; had to take a layer off before donning waterproofs. Not as wet as expected either with early showers clearing quickly. Waterproofs still needed though as I was clearing prunings down to the dump and both the bagged and unbagged bits were very wet from previous days' downpours; the tarpaulin in the boot of the car had a large puddle on it which fortunately I noticed before I pulled it out to fold up after unloading...
                            The wind has gone round to the north now so it will get colder but with any luck the forecast of drier weather coming will be correct, as it's volunteer gardening tomorrow and we will be getting quite wet enough from the ground up - wet foliage - without having it dumped from above!

Comment

• Serial_Apologist
                              • Dec 2010

Really intense thunderstorm advancing from the NW as I write - rain (and probably hail) curtain similar to those observed in more tropical climes, frequent forked lightning, cloud to ground, and really loud booms of thunder from as far as 6 miles away. I think this is going to be one to remember! I've been watching this as it's been moving down in line formation from the midlands. It's just reached Clapham.

Comment

• oddoneout
                                • Nov 2015

The local map is looking like public transport upholstery - all pixilated blue green red yellow and pink - and there's been a succession of squalls all afternoon. More of a worry is that wetness seems now to be carrying over into Wednesday, which in view of temperature and wind gust will not favour gardening.

Comment

Working...
                                X