Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aldi own brand ginger wine is finally back in stock.
    the power of social media…..
    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
      Is it to be recommended?

Comment

Originally posted by teamsaint View Post
        the power of social media…..
        If the alcohol content doesn't matter, try this from Holland and Barrett:

PS: Should really read lack of alcohol content.

Last edited by Pulcinella; 15-11-23, 08:53. Reason: PS added

Comment

The highlight of my week

I received, by the generosity of A Friend, a whole Époisses. Under advice and against my better judgement, it went temporarily into the (recommissioned) freezer in portion-sized pieces, thence piece by piece to the fridge for a couple of days, whence removed two hours before due to be consumed, et voilà! Something miraculous! Better still, the rose hip jelly was not a bad accompaniment.

Why have we never had a Cheese thread?
          It isn't given us to know those rare moments when people are wide open and the lightest touch can wither or heal. A moment too late and we can never reach them any more in this world.

Comment

Originally posted by french frank View Post

Indeed!

Comment

Why not open a Cheese Board?

Comment

Originally posted by Serial_Apologist View Post

Why not open a Cheese Board?

Comment

The highlight of my week

I received, by the generosity of A Friend, a whole Époisses. Under advice and against my better judgement, it went temporarily into the (recommissioned) freezer in portion-sized pieces, thence piece by piece to the fridge for a couple of days, whence removed two hours before due to be consumed, et voilà! Something miraculous! Better still, the rose hip jelly was not a bad accompaniment.

For lovers of string cheese?

Comment

Originally posted by hmvman View Post

Is it to be recommended?
                    I did a taste test against Stones. Stones is much smoother and less fiery, though quite a bit more expensive.

If smoothness is ones requirement, the Stones is worth the extra money IMO.
                    I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered. My life is my own.

I am not a number, I am a free man.

Comment

The highlight of my week

Well frenchie I was baffled by Époisses but now I see.

Comment

I've had good news in the form of a letter from the DWP advising me that my state pension is to increase by 25p a week - not to be sniffed at. that's £13 a year.

Comment

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
                          I've had good news in the form of a letter from the DWP advising me that my state pension is to increase by 25p a week - not to be sniffed at. that's £13 a year.
                          ... o, better than that! - there are 52.4 weeks in a year : so that makes it a gain of £13.10. Not to be sniffed at at all...

Comment

Originally posted by LMcD View Post
                            Related to this, I've had a letter from my former employer saying that due to legal rulings in respect of sex equality they have reviewed my defined benefit pension and found that I've been underpaid since retirement at the end of 2019. It's a relatively small pension but the good news is that I'm owed nearly £400. The bad news is that there will be tax implications. Given the fact that the amount of tax will likely be very small due to my being just a bit under the tax threshold for much of the time, I'm wondering if I can reasonably ignore it as the last thing I want is to get HMRC on my case.
                            "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

Originally posted by Petrushka View Post

Related to this, I've had a letter from my former employer saying that due to legal rulings in respect of sex equality they have reviewed my defined benefit pension and found that I've been underpaid since retirement at the end of 2019. It's a relatively small pension but the good news is that I'm owed nearly £400. The bad news is that there will be tax implications. Given the fact that the amount of tax will likely be very small due to my being just a bit under the tax threshold for much of the time, I'm wondering if I can reasonably ignore it as the last thing I want is to get HMRC on my case.
                              Will it not be included in your pension P60 statement, which HMRC presumably see, and then they would adjust your tax code accordingly?

Comment

Originally posted by Pulcinella View Post

Will it not be included in your pension P60 statement, which HMRC presumably see, and then they would adjust your tax code accordingly?
                                I'm mostly ignorant on tax stuff but I'm thinking that because the underpaid amount relates to the time since 2019 then at some point since I will have gone over the threshold. We are talking small amounts so I'm left wondering if it matters. My former employer suggests talking to HMRC but I'd prefer to let sleeping dogs lie if possible.
                                "The sound is the handwriting of the conductor" - Bernard Haitink

Comment

Working...
                                X