This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Norfolk Born View Post
    Perhaps cloughie can explain (failing which, I'm happy to wrap this one up and ask him to set the next question).
    Yes please! Put us out of our misery cloughie

Comment

Perhaps cloughie can explain (failing which, I'm happy to wrap this one up and ask him to set the next question).
      Well Anna got them, I haven't got the DJ bloke other than it may have something to do with Imperial News.

Comment

Originally posted by cloughie View Post
        Well Anna got them, I haven't got the DJ bloke other than it may have something to do with Imperial News.
        I never got nothing, you were on about K250 as if it were the Holy Grail!

Comment

OK....The march 'Imperial Echoes' (Safroni, arr. Hume) was the theme tune to 'Radio Newsreel' during Word War II. Newsreaders (including Alvar Lidell, Stuart Hibberd and Bruce Belfrage) famously wore dinner jackets when on duty. Walton's 'Crown Imperial' had its first outing during the Coronation in 1937. The Imperial March is Darth Vader's theme. (Incidentally, John Williams is a CotW in June). Over to cloughie, I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
            I haffner got all the H yet because Anna's Law was violated. What will Caliban say when he gets back?
            Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flay View Post
              I haffner got all the H yet because Anna's Law was violated. What will Caliban say when he gets back?
              Explain, please?

Comment

OK....Over to cloughie, I think.
                Phew! Lets me off the hook then!

Comment

I hope I haven't transgressed in any way - that was not my intention. I took #19952 as approval to proceed when ready.
                  Regarding the Haffner question: Mozart's Haffner Serenade K250 was written for the Haffner family, more specifically to celebrate the wedding of daughter Marie Elisabeth. There's also a Haffner Symphony by the same composer, of course.

Comment

You complaining because I haffner serenaded you with the answer? I was merely indicating not havin' a clue about the answer, at the time.

Comment

OK....The march 'Imperial Echoes' (Safroni, arr. Hume) was the theme tune to 'Radio Newsreel' during Word War II. Newsreaders (including Alvar Lidell, Stuart Hibberd and Bruce Belfrage) famously wore dinner jackets when on duty. Walton's 'Crown Imperial' had its first outing during the Coronation in 1937. The Imperial March is Darth Vader's theme. (Incidentally, John Williams is a CotW in June). Over to cloughie, I think.
                      Even Wifred Pickles, although he was allowed to keep his accent!

Comment

You complaining because I haffner serenaded you with the answer? I was merely indicating not havin' a clue about the answer, at the time.
                        No, I merely posted the two works, you merely turned up clueless ...... I am offline now until around 10pm, let us see your Jolly J.

Comment

No, I merely posted the two works, you merely turned up clueless ...... I am offline now until around 10pm, let us see your Jolly J.
                          A J to link Walter, Franz and Maria

Comment

A J to link Walter, Franz and Maria
                            Julietta ??

Comment

Explain, please?
                              I think Anna's Law was passed not long after your recent tactical withdrawal, Norfy. It requires a brief summation of the answers, either from the settee, or failing that, from the setter, for the sake of clarity.
                              Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flay View Post
                                I think Anna's Law was passed not long after your recent tactical withdrawal, Norfy. It requires a brief summation of the answers, either from the settee, or failing that, from the setter, for the sake of clarity.
                                Chaise longue, sofa or recliner if you prefer.

Something like

Imperial

coronation Crown Imperial March Walton
                                daily news of strife 'Imperial Echoes' (Safroni, arr. Hume)
                                Anakin Skywalker Imperial March John Williams

Comment

Working...
                                X