X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vlado Perlemuter plays Ravel's Gaspard de la Nuit while giving a piece of JuicyFruit gum a seriously vigorous going over (apparently)

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
    Last edited by Guest; 11-06-12, 19:26. Reason: missing word

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
      What about a WubbleEwe?
      Well.... ok then!

Solomon had a supernatural violinist among his servants. What's the common W?
      "...the isle is full of noises,
      Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
      Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
      Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Vlado Perlemuter plays Ravel's Gaspard de la Nuit while giving a piece of JuicyFruit gum a seriously going over (apparently)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwpWev1LRbM
        Amazing!

Comment

my piano teacher at school had himself been taught by VP, not sure whether in this country or France. needless to say I can't play for toffee [or any other confectionery]

Comment

Originally posted by mercia View Post
            my piano teacher at school had himself been taught by VP, not sure whether in this country or France. needless to say I can't play for toffee [or any other confectionery]
            What about a Werther's Original, mercs ?

Comment

How about for a couple of ?

Upmarket teacher, though but !

Comment

Werther's Original,
                yuk!
                .......... and one of the very few classical music records my parents owned was of VP playing chopin mazurkas, I think two or three per side on a 6" disc.

Comment

yuk!
                  .......... and one of the very few classical music records my parents owned was of VP playing chopin mazurkas, I think two or three per side on a 6" disc.
                  My parents had a few VP LPs on Concert Hall label ;smiley:

Comment

yuk!
                    Reckon that's a No, ams! (NB: mercs didn't turn down the idea of a beer or two... )

It's the Mazurkas I have on CD played by VP

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post

Solomon had a supernatural violinist among his servants. What's the common W?
                      Anyone fancy a clue before Tale of Two Cities on BBC4?

It all hinges on British composers

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                        I picked up some Perlemuter cds very cheaply in the Red Cross shop. He was excellent, I must dig them out. Lucky Cali to have seen him.
                        I've a couple of his Ravel CDs, also very qood - they were very cheap , I think from Works or similar!

merc, are you sure about 6" discs?

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                          Anyone fancy a clue before Tale of Two Cities on BBC4?
                          It all hinges on British composers
                          William Walton, Song of Soloman and probably something connecting to RV Williams? Or not. William Mathias probably doesn't figure at all!! In fact, it's not Ower Willy and I'm off to bed.

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                            William Walton, Song of Soloman and probably something connecting to RV Williams? Or not. William Mathias probably doesn't figure at all!! In fact, it's not Ower Willy and I'm off to bed.
                            Now. Anna has got the solution and one of the elements.

It is Yower Willy - William Mathias is one of the three. But which?

William Walton is not on the card. The "Solomon" composer is much longer ago.

But: yes, the W is William

Comment

I was working through William as an idea, then Mrs F pointed out the dirty dishes. Bloomin demarcation: "I did the cooking..."

She doesn't understand important things like AA.

Edward Solomon's last stage work was "On the March" (1896), a musical comedy in two acts, to a libretto by William Yardley et al. Mr Yardley was primarily a cricketer, but also an actor, playwright and drama critic (no demarcation disputes in those days!)
                              Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flay View Post
                                I was working through William as an idea, then Mrs F pointed out the dirty dishes. Bloomin demarcation: "I did the cooking..."

She doesn't understand important things like AA.

Edward Solomon's last stage work was "On the March" (1896), a musical comedy in two acts, to a libretto by William Yardley et al. Mr Yardley was primarily a cricketer, but also an actor, playwright and drama critic (no demarcation disputes in those days!)
                                Solomon looks like the kind of guy who deliberately multi-tasks to get out of the washing up!

I suggest William Alwyn the Fairy Fiddler and William Baines Marionettes for violin and piano

Comment

Working...
                                X