• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mercia View Post
    yes I think we're in a Japanese Rain Garden
    *bow emoticon" Pray continue, mercia-san
    "...the isle is full of noises,
    Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
    Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
    Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

look at numbers 2 & 3

https://foursquare.com/nannajussila/...rk-in-helsinki
      Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Oh booger, I was looking at Rice garden <doh>
        Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

So it's probably Toru Takemitsu: flocks descending, pentagons, autumnal etc.

I wouldn't know really
          Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Originally posted by Flay View Post
            So it's probably Toru Takemitsu: flocks descending, pentagons, autumnal etc.

I wouldn't know really

Sorry... sudden urgent bit of work

Yes - Takemitsu

Pentagonal Garden (Flocks descending into) - orchestral work: correct

In an Autumn garden - chamber work ("for gagaku orchestra"): correct

One more to go...

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post

One more to go...
              Was it not Garden Rain (for brass ensemble)? Or perhaps Rain Tree and Rain Coming?
              Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Was it not Garden Rain (for brass ensemble)?
                It was; and combined with the following

Originally posted by Caliban View Post

Yes - Takemitsu

Pentagonal Garden (Flocks descending into) - orchestral work: correct

In an Autumn garden - chamber work ("for gagaku orchestra"): correct
                constitues a good answer to the question.

Back to U

Comment

Oh the responsibility!

A U please from: An award-winning boy and wild canine, an envious brightly coloured amphibian, and a direct approach to an enchanted instrument
                  Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Oh the responsibility!
                    That wasn't a clue, by the way. It's just the worry of sleuthing out another letter
                    Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

A U please from: An award-winning boy and wild canine, an envious brightly coloured amphibian, and a direct approach to an enchanted instrument

so that's a magic flute, a greenish frog and perhaps two Peters

Comment

so that's a magic flute, a greenish frog and perhaps two Peters
                        I am astonished by your brilliance, mercs. Award yourself a Grammy! Care to finish solving the case?
                        Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Peter Ustinov

During the 1960s, with the encouragement of Sir Georg Solti, Ustinov directed several operas including Puccini's Gianni Schicchi, Ravel's L'heure espagnole, Schoenberg's Erwartung and Mozart's The Magic Flute.

Grammy Award - 1960: Best Recording for Children (Prokofiev: Peter and the Wolf) with the Philharmonia Orchestra directed by Herbert von Karajan

Ustinov appeared as a guest star during the first season of The Muppet Show in 1976. The theme of the show had Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Hilda "The Wardrobe Lady" and Scooter openly saying to Kermit the Frog how much they admired and wanted to be like Peter Ustinov. Kermit was under the impression that they harboured these feeling towards him but hastily altered them when Ustinov was on the show, and so to cheer himself up Kermit goes off and sings "It's Not Easy Bein' Green". At the end of the episode Kermit admits to Ustinov that he feels a bit jealous and Ustinov responds by saying "...I'm jealous of you. I've always wanted to be a frog".

Comment

Brilliant detective work, mercs. Hercule would have been green with envy. Very good
                            Pacta sunt servanda !!!

Comment

Very good
                              ....... never appeared on my school reports

a V connecting

a King of Pontus, a King of Thessaly, a King of Albania and an Emperor of Mexico

Comment

Peter Ustinov

During the 1960s, with the encouragement of Sir Georg Solti, Ustinov directed several operas including Puccini's Gianni Schicchi, Ravel's L'heure espagnole, Schoenberg's Erwartung and Mozart's The Magic Flute.

Grammy Award - 1960: Best Recording for Children (Prokofiev: Peter and the Wolf) with the Philharmonia Orchestra directed by Herbert von Karajan

Ustinov appeared as a guest star during the first season of The Muppet Show in 1976. The theme of the show had Miss Piggy, Fozzie Bear, Hilda "The Wardrobe Lady" and Scooter openly saying to Kermit the Frog how much they admired and wanted to be like Peter Ustinov. Kermit was under the impression that they harboured these feeling towards him but hastily altered them when Ustinov was on the show, and so to cheer himself up Kermit goes off and sings "It's Not Easy Bein' Green". At the end of the episode Kermit admits to Ustinov that he feels a bit jealous and Ustinov responds by saying "...I'm jealous of you. I've always wanted to be a frog".
                                http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4ZxxHbJGbY

Bravo mercs and Flay
                                Last edited by Guest; 23-10-12, 11:50. Reason: congrats

Comment

Working...
                                X