This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
    Still hunting around, with an agreeably slack Sunday brain...
    There's no answer to that is there except too much FG? Only just looked at the puzzle, immediately thought Frank Bridge, then A Bridge Too Far, and Frank Jarvis the actor, then Jarvis Cocker. Then, a sudden inkling, are Ammy's roots showing?

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
      There's no answer to that is there except too much FG?
      I deny it!!
      [FONT=Comic Sans MS][I][B]Numquam Satis![/B][/I][/FONT]

Comment

Originally posted by ferneyhoughgeliebte View Post
        I deny it!!

Indeed... I can't get enough of you, FerneyG !!
        "...the isle is full of noises,
        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

There's no answer to that is there except too much FG? Only just looked at the puzzle, immediately thought Frank Bridge, then A Bridge Too Far, and Frank Jarvis the actor, then Jarvis Cocker. Then, a sudden inkling, are Ammy's roots showing?
          Very sorry to be so late back. My dear, the queue at Waitrose

My roots are certainly showing, Anna - nicely done. Pray proceed
          Last edited by Guest; 02-12-12, 16:18. Reason: capital!

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
            Very sorry to be so late back. My dear, the queue at Waitrose
            My roots are certainly showing, Anna - nicely done. Pray proceed
            Ammy, I'm having une petite crise nerveuse in the kitchen at the moment - you know, one of those Sunday afternoons make it up as you go along and I think I may have totally messed it up and would have no time to set the next.

So, since I have provided a clue, think of me as a kindly Beacon whose warm glow welcomes home those tired sailors adrift on the sea of AA to a safe harbour ....

Comment

Has Caliban been de-briefed (a chair for Anna, someone!) about his luncheon at Hawksmoor - a detailed review of the food, the service, the wine list, the ambience (inc state of the lavs - my mother was always very keen on hearing about that ) and which branch (praps the new one in Air Street?) ... and who was paying should suffice for the moment

Comment

Ammy, I'm having une petite crise nerveuse in the kitchen at the moment - you know, one of those Sunday afternoons make it up as you go along and I think I may have totally messed it up and would have no time to set the next.

So, since I have provided a clue, think of me as a kindly Beacon whose warm glow welcomes home those tired sailors adrift on the sea of AA to a safe harbour ....
                Blimey lead kindly Beacon, eh?

Good luck with your crise nerveuse

As for the rest of you - you're going to have to buck your ideas up if you're going to keep up with this chap

Comment

Blimey lead kindly Beacon, eh?
                  I usually refer to them as Blest Pair of Sirens ....

Comment

I usually refer to them as Blest Pair of Sirens ....

Comment

I shall be going out for the evening at 17:00.

The J in question is a surname very common in UK particularly the part that Anna & I are from

Comment

I shall be going out for the evening at 17:00.
                        The J in question is a surname very common in UK particularly the part that Anna & I are from
                        Actually, to be totally factual, you are North and I am South, never the twain shall meet and you North Walians always sound German with your funny accents!! But, shall we throw Dylan into the melting pot? I think we should.
                        Goodness Ams, a really poor set of dabs trying to solve this!
                        Whereby you going then?

Comment

Actually, to be totally factual, you are North and I am South, never the twain shall meet and you North Walians always sound German with your funny accents!! But, shall we throw Dylan into the melting pot? I think we should.
                          Goodness Ams, a really poor set of dabs trying to solve this!
                          Whereby you going then?
                          Orf to some friends for fish pie.

South Walians sound like they're from Bangalore but I'd never say that (not fair on the Bangalorians, after all )

Comment

Good news all round, Caliban

Twelve symphonies, eight string quartets, an overture to youth, and part of a bridge celebration - what J connects them?
                            I have found a Jones but Wiki says he wrote a baker's dozen symphonies?

Comment

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                              I have found a Jones but Wiki says he wrote a baker's dozen symphonies?
                              I'm sure you're right, anton - saved by the bell, I am!

Daniel Jones, great pal of Dylan Thomas, wrote 13 symphonies (apparently) eight string quartets and took part in a joint project with other composers to celebrate the Severn Bridge.

And of that huge output, how many are to be heard on British or even world-wide airwaves, concert halls etc?

Over to you, anton, OK?
                              Last edited by Guest; 02-12-12, 18:10. Reason: addition, trypos

Comment

Orf to some friends for fish pie.
                                South Walians sound like they're from Bangalore but I'd never say that (not fair on the Bangalorians, after all )
                                Oh, and Richard Burton came from Mumbai!
                                Seems like Anton has got it ...
                                Edit. cross posting.
                                I shall now attend to the kitchen disaster .. which might well be OK. Anyway, loggin off
                                Last edited by Guest; 02-12-12, 18:33.

Comment

Working...
                                X