X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by antongould View Post
    Waitrose?
    Yes! Very good point anton! And do you know, the Waitrose buyers specifically come here to buy their beef (in particular Welsh Aberdeen Angus - now that may sound a contradiction in terms, Scottish cattle reared in Wales but it is true our AAs are wonderful) And, have you ever tried Welsh Blacks?

Comment

What contemporary work by a composer involving the answer to J in this round has just manifested itself in the skies of London as I write?

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
        Basically, my dear Am51, (and I do realise there are not herds of Aberdeen Angus grazing in Norf Lunnon) if there ain't enough grass to supply you with endless fillet steak from prime rumps the farmers have to resort to feeding them silage or hay early and, if there ain't enough grass, there ain't enough silage or hay for the following year. I sometimes wonder where you soft Londoners think your meat comes from?
        Speaking as one who is dependent on sundry disability benefits, I can assure you that I don't know where my beef comes from because it's so long since I last ate any.

I take your point though - I do listen to Farming Today each weekday morn on R4 at 05:45, you understand - but I do think these farmers do maunder on so about the lack/excess of rain. It's the weather, stupid!

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
          And, have you ever tried Welsh Blacks?
          Have a care, Anna! You may not believe it but there are people in here who might make crude mock of such remarks

Comment

N:
            You're nearly there between you.
            Nelson (Lord) is correct, but in what musical connection?
            Nelson (Eddy) is correct - he played a Mountie in Rose Marie.
            Nelson Freire is correct - he was born in Boa Esperanza (or Esperança) in Brazil, and can therefore said to have been surrounded by Good Hope.

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
              Have a care, Anna! You may not believe it but there are people in here who might make crude mock of such remarks
              Oh, sorry, didn't think as being involved for so long until recently in the farming community one forgets how others may take a reference. But, it is a very tasty breed of beef I can assure you.

Now, this is a dilemma. Do I watch the new Dr. Who series or not? It's set in America, which doesn't inspire me and, I cannot stand the Pond creature.

Edit: I'll look at Dr. Who and hopefully Pond gets zapped by an Alien.
              Last edited by Guest; 23-04-11, 17:56. Reason: further thoughts

Comment

Haydn - The Nelson Mass

Comment

Re. N
                  Nelson ****
                  Nelson Friere
                  Nelson Eddy
                  What's haydn behind the asterisks?
                  EDIT
                  The Cross-Posting Curse strikes again - Angle's completed the picture, and I would say has done enough to be asked to set O if that meets with general agreement.

Comment

more than general complete................

Comment

I'll await the general agreement but an O is just about ready

Comment

'kidoki, then :

What O is

What O is
                        America’s Guy de Maupassant
                        A hallowed but injured boss
                        Setting by English Baroque composer, asking for special thought about my difficulties

One of the three is not musical

Comment

O, me Deario!!

Comment

My part of this shop is closed until after SPIRAL, no matter how frantic, gruesome or unreal it might be.

Comment

Originally posted by Angle View Post

What O is
                              America’s Guy de Maupassant
                              A hallowed but injured boss
                              Setting by English Baroque composer, asking for special thought about my difficulties

One of the three is not musical
                              O, did everyone go out on the razz last night? Thinking of the above I can only immediately get:

O Henry, the novelist and two musicals based on his stories (The Gift of the Magi and The Last Leaf)
                              O Consider my Adversity (Purcell)

Comment

No I, at least, wasn't on the razz and had a very, compared to yours feeble try. I, wrongly, came up with Owen from Owen Wister and Owen Wingrave So far off track as to be absurd!

Comment

Working...
                                X