X
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

anton, not necessarily. The illustrious boss could possibly be Michael Owen who took over captaincy of Wales (rugby) and has retired through injuries to take up coaching?

Comment

As they say anything is possible or even the other Michael Owen so injured at the reception he received from us awful Geordies!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Angle View Post
        Is Caliban napping ?
        Originally posted by Anna View Post
        O, did everyone go out on the razz last night?
        More the latter in my case... Cocktails and then dinner out with the old fam-i-leee... Nice Welsh lamb then a raspberry and mascarpone crème brûlée with basil sorbet YUM! Lamb washed down by a fruity Italian (Montepulciano). And the cocktails: in my case, Old Fashioneds http://www.imbibemagazine.com/Old-Fa...ocktail-Recipe

Hoping to get back into the swing with Anna's "P" - assuming her "O" is right!
        "...the isle is full of noises,
        Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
        Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
        Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
          More the latter in my case... Cocktails and then dinner out with the old fam-i-leee... Nice Welsh lamb then a raspberry and mascarpone crème brûlée with basil sorbet YUM! Lamb washed down by a fruity Italian (Montepulciano). And the cocktails: in my case, Old Fashioneds

Hoping to get back into the swing with Anna's "P" - assuming her "O" is right!
          Oh Yummy - except - crème brûlée (my favourite) but with basil?? That somehow doesn't sound right to me. Montepulciano is one of my favourites as well! As to getting back into the swing, at the moment I am having severe internet connection problems, so I may disappear off the face of the earth at any moment!!

Comment

Morning each!

Such a gastronomic thread, this one. I'm most impressed - and I've been dreaming of Welsh Black rump, Anna - yum!
            The basil sorbet sounds as though it could be overdone, but I'm prepared to risk it, Caliban.

I thought of O Henry early on but I'm lost otherwise.

Lovely morning here tho a tad more overcast than of late. Thunder by this arvo I shouldn't wonder.

Comment

A Good Easter, one and all, on this lovely, sunny day. You have searched for and rolled your eggs?

The two O solutions shown so far are both correct. I worried a little that the last of these might have been just a bit too obscure - but no, Anna cracked them with a musical connection in the first which I did not know about.

The third one? I shall leave it for ten minutes before giving you another clue to A hallowed but injured boss

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                .... I've been dreaming of Welsh Black rump, Anna - yum!
                The basil sorbet sounds as though it could be overdone, but I'm prepared to risk it, Caliban.
                It was a nice plump rump, Am51...! How did you guess??! Very succulent too, with an appetising rosy blush...

The little quenelle of basil sorbet was perched atop the crème brulée - I wasn't sure either, Anna, but I ate that first, like a little palate-cleanser: delicious it was too, reminded me of some lavendar biscuits I once had - in the sense of a perfumed item used in a sweet context. It worked. But then an unadulterated and totally scrummy brulée. My favourite too... I think I uttered the phrase "I could eat this all night"

(Ams, I tried to send you a PM but it said that your number of stored messages has reached the maximum and your inbox couldn't accept any more... Bit of spring cleaning required? )
                "...the isle is full of noises,
                Sounds and sweet airs, that give delight and hurt not.
                Sometimes a thousand twangling instruments
                Will hum about mine ears, and sometime voices..."

Comment

A hallowed but injured boss

Possibly the best known of all Christian Passion hymns. Think JSB, also

Comment

Owen Sacred Head Now Wounded?

Comment

Nicely Anton. That'll do.

No-one has given the O yet, though

Comment

Bach O Sacred Head, sore wounded
                        Last edited by Guest; 24-04-11, 11:22. Reason: typo

Comment

Originally posted by Anna View Post
                          O, me Deario!!
                          Was this not it then?

Comment

Originally posted by Caliban View Post
                            It was a nice plump rump, Am51...! How did you guess??! Very succulent too, with an appetising rosy blush...

The little quenelle of basil sorbet was perched atop the crème brulée - I wasn't sure either, Anna, but I ate that first, like a little palate-cleanser: delicious it was too, reminded me of some lavendar biscuits I once had - in the sense of a perfumed item used in a sweet context. It worked. But then an unadulterated and totally scrummy brulée. My favourite too... I think I uttered the phrase "I could eat this all night"

(Ams, I tried to send you a PM but it said that your number of stored messages has reached the maximum and your inbox couldn't accept any more... Bit of spring cleaning required? )
                            It could almost be the motto on my coat of arms, Caliban: "bit of spring cleaning required" with bananas in chocolate sauce rampant and cherries jubilee suivant

I think that Welsh lamb is the tops, preferring shoulder but the whole beast is full of delights, such as the tails roasted slowly with the joint - why the sainted Fergus Henderson has not discovered them, I don't know. I've also grown fond of hogget which has flavour half-way between Spring lamb and mutton proper.

Anna, I'm not sure if I've told you that I am originally Welsh too, but a 'gog' (Wrecsam) so that may be a source of some friction & mirth Lefel 'O' yng Ngymraeg gennyf fi, 1968

Comment

Originally posted by antongould View Post
                              Was this not it then?
                              anton, I posted that yesterday (knowing I would be offline) as a clue to everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by amateur51 View Post
                                I think that Welsh lamb is the tops, preferring shoulder but the whole beast is full of delights, such as the tails roasted slowly with the joint - why the sainted Fergus Henderson has not discovered them, I don't know. I've also grown fond of hogget which has flavour half-way between Spring lamb and mutton proper.

Anna, I'm not sure if I've told you that I am originally Welsh too, but a 'gog' (Wrecsam) so that may be a source of some friction & mirth Lefel 'O' yng Ngymraeg gennyf fi, 1968
                                Ams, have you tried slow cooking a shoulder of lamb (having first given it a dry rub of spices inc. Ras el Hanout etc but not to overpower it) on a bed of rosemary? Ah, a North Walian? Well, that's OK, I won't hold it against you!

Comment

Working...
                                X